Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #51  
Here's a question for you related to the topic. What percentage of your spending is because of the convenience of online shopping?

In other words if it wasn't so easy would you still be buying the things you are?

I hate to admit it, but probably half of the things that I buy I would not buy if it were not so easy.

We are working on changing that. Our online spending, and yes especially Amazon, has gotten out of control.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #52  
I believe most of these companies have analytics data that is showing them the trend of online versus bricks and mortar.

Every company is different so they will need their own analytics but I bet it's not looking good for many of them.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #53  
I recently needed a part for my mom's mower and called the local dealer for price and availability. I had already checked online and found it for $40.00 from amazon. The dealer said they had the part in stock for $173.00. I told them "Thank you very little" and ordered the part from amazon.
This dealer handles a lot of ag equipment so maybe they don't care if they sell mower parts.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #54  
I try to buy all I can local. I will research what I need online then if I think a local business has it I will go there and buy it unless their price is astronomically higher. The problem is that most of the time nobody local has what I need. They will offer to order it but I can do that and have it delivered to my door.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #55  
Here's a question for you related to the topic. What percentage of your spending is because of the convenience of online shopping?
Myself, almost zero. I would still be buying the same things, just wasting more time in findng them, delaying projects more while I waited for the opportunity to go shopping, and failing to return more of it when a project changes course. Online shopping resolves all three problems, with better selection and even often better pricing, to boot.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #56  
I recently needed a part for my mom's mower and called the local dealer for price and availability. I had already checked online and found it for $40.00 from amazon. The dealer said they had the part in stock for $173.00. I told them "Thank you very little" and ordered the part from amazon.
This dealer handles a lot of ag equipment so maybe they don't care if they sell mower parts.
I do that too but have heard increasing complaints of counterfeit goods. Even I got snookered with knock-off ignition points for my parade tractor. It ran fine at first but the wear block for the points kept wearing down in the heat and I had to readjust three times in a parade and tractor drive. With 60 tractors behind me, no pressure.

Be careful what you buy and ability to return for free.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #57  
Biggest online gripe is having a confirmed order for in stock item and then getting a follow-up email 24-48 hours later not available or on back order with sometimes 4-6 weeks...

On the other hand times I had been expecting in 5-7 days arrive in 2

I'm glad to have the option for sure.

One other aspect is porch pirates... so my orders go to work address...

Too many follow delivery trucks stealing and since a property crime no action.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #58  
I spent 45 minutes sitting in a Del Taco yesterday waiting for 3 burritos and a crunchtada with only 1 family in front of us. I wondered if I could have ordered the ingredients on-line and cooked it myself faster! :ROFLMAO:

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #59  
UPS guy told me the other day they are to take a picture of package on the porch. Not sure if this is an area rule and he said they just recently started doing it.

/ Online Buying vs Brick & Mortar. #60  
UPS guy told me the other day they are to take a picture of package on the porch. Not sure if this is an area rule and he said they just recently started doing it.
Many delivery companies do that.

Last year I went out our back porch door and found mexican dinner for 20 in several bags. Nice! But we didn't order it.

Since folks across the street from us have their mailbox directly in front of our front door, we get deliveries for them fairly often. So, I took it over there and knocked on their door. It was theirs.

Neighbor says he ordered a taco bar for grandkids' pool party. Just got a confirmation picture that it was delivered to their house with a picture of our back door! :ROFLMAO: He'd just finished sending the delivery people a note that he had no idea who's door that was when I walked up.