One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #1  

JOHNTHOMAS

Tractor
F2690 4WD RTV X1140 MX5400 HST ZD1211
Using my front hoe on my L3901 and sometimes when pressure is applied to the digging bucket to pick up a rock using the bucket and thumb or digging a hole with bucket and the left side top attachment plate comes out of the slot. I'm considering having someone weld a piece of metal to make the slot "longer" to keep the attachment plate from coming off the SSQA plate but before doing so want to know if anyone else has actually experienced this themselves or know someone that has and has fixed it.

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #2  
Seems like the top engagement couldn’t dislocate unless there is too much gap between the bottom angle faces. Did you try other attachments?

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #3  
How many hours do you have on the tractor and when did this start happening? Sounds like something got bent.

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #4  
Agree with above comments.

An extension can be added to the top bracket on the hoe. Another possibility is a shim added at the bottom. Both to close the gap.

A backhoe on a SSQA seems like a LOT of stress that the tractor portion might not withstand.

Eventually this disconnect is going to do serious damage to your SSQA.

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #5  
I had this problem on my L3130 SSQA with the grapple I got from Gator Implements (remember them?). It was a combination of how the Kubota SSQA is made and how the grapple was made. Take a look and see if ti might be related. My thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...rapple-fix-kubota-ssqa.html?highlight=grapple

Plus there is a link back to the original post of the problem in the first post that might be more relevant to you.

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #6  
A tractor is designed to pull. A loader is a light impliment fir loading & moving loose material. It's nowhere near as beefy as a skidsteer, which only has the boom as its work interface. I'm guessing you've already tweaked your loader some.

A L3x01 will lift 1,200lbs at best. And best is straight up. It's not designed for side loads.

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement
Seems like the top engagement couldn’t dislocate unless there is too much gap between the bottom angle faces. Did you try other attachments?
Other attachments stay on

How many hours do you have on the tractor and when did this start happening? Sounds like something got bent.
About 200 hours and it did get bent by my Tree removal Grapple and was straightened last fall.

Agree with above comments.

An extension can be added to the top bracket on the hoe. Another possibility is a shim added at the bottom. Both to close the gap.

A backhoe on a SSQA seems like a LOT of stress that the tractor portion might not withstand.

Eventually this disconnect is going to do serious damage to your SSQA.
My tree grapple did disconnect last year and before I noticed it the rod between SSQA plates was bent which dealer fixed and all was well until I got another front hoe that doesn't pivot from side to side. I believe your right on track for my fix and this hoe may be a stretch for a tractor.

I had this problem on my L3130 SSQA with the grapple I got from Gator Implements (remember them?). It was a combination of how the Kubota SSQA is made and how the grapple was made. Take a look and see if ti might be related. My thread:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...rapple-fix-kubota-ssqa.html?highlight=grapple

Plus there is a link back to the original post of the problem in the first post that might be more relevant to you.
Thanks. I believe you, having actually had the experience, have nailed the issue and solution or sell this Hoe like I did my first one. $1300 will find it a new home. What I sold my first one for that didn't have the thumb.

A tractor is designed to pull. A loader is a light impliment fir loading & moving loose material. It's nowhere near as beefy as a skidsteer, which only has the boom as its work interface. I'm guessing you've already tweaked your loader some.

A L3x01 will lift 1,200lbs at best. And best is straight up. It's not designed for side loads.
There is no side load. It's a non pivoting hoe. The pressure is straight down or up. You are probably not familiar with the hoe I have.

Skid steer Backhoe Fronthoe Adjustable Bolt On Thumb Excavator Attachment Bobcat

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #8  
Pictures of too much gap at the bottom:

Forks3 gap.JPG
too much gap.jpg

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #9  
Good pics X!!!

/ One side of SSQA comes out of slot on one front implement #10  
Thanks, makes it easier for newbies and guys with no SSQA experience to understand the problem.