One great classic car..........

/ One great classic car.......... #1  

Oldpath05

Tractor
none
   / One great classic car.......... #2  
I wonder how the previous owner would have felt if it really had stayed at $3500.

/ One great classic car.......... #3  
Was that an urban legend that they actually filmed Bullitt with two Mustangs and the other one was found in a junkyard down in Mexico?

/ One great classic car.......... #4  
Ken Miles (Christian Bale) had a great line in 'Ford Versus Ferrari' when they introduced the Mustang...he said "It's a secretary's car" :laughing:

/ One great classic car.......... #5  
In 1968 I bought a 1967 mustang fastback 2+2, 390 4 speed, stick shift. I paid $2700.00 It was a beautiful car, metallic lime gold. It was truly a dream car, and in today's market would fetch very high dollars.

At the time I bought it, we didn't know the wife was pregnant. However, as time progressed, along with her belly, it became increasingly difficult for her to drive the car. I had no choice but to sell it, and bought a 1969 Chevelle Malibu. Of the 17 vehicles I've owned, it is the only one I look back on and wonder where it is today.

/ One great classic car.......... #7  
In 1968 I bought a 1967 mustang fastback 2+2, 390 4 speed, stick shift. I paid $2700.00 It was a beautiful car, metallic lime gold. It was truly a dream car, and in today's market would fetch very high dollars.

At the time I bought it, we didn't know the wife was pregnant. However, as time progressed, along with her belly, it became increasingly difficult for her to drive the car. I had no choice but to sell it, and bought a 1969 Chevelle Malibu. Of the 17 vehicles I've owned, it is the only one I look back on and wonder where it is today.

Hopefully in someone's retirement portfolio . . . :)

/ One great classic car.......... #8  

A friend had one of those in HS, although I believe it was a '69. It was a nice, rust free car and in good shape for it's age... until the night he tried to make a record speed run to the beer store and only made it part way.

/ One great classic car.......... #9  
A friend had one of those in HS, although I believe it was a '69. It was a nice, rust free car and in good shape for it's age... until the night he tried to make a record speed run to the beer store and only made it part way.

:( . . . That's too bad . . . things ya do as a youngster . . .

/ One great classic car.......... #10  
Looks like history was made again with one of the all time great classic cars with one great movie to back it up, I hope the new owner completely restores this historic car.............
1968 "Bullitt" Mustang sells for $3.74 million at Mecum - YouTube
Bullitt (1968) - San Francisco Car Chase Scene (4/1) | Movieclips - YouTube

Bullitt (1968) - Ford Mustang vs. Dodge Charger Scene (5/1) | Movieclips - YouTube

Restoring that car would ruin it's value.There are lots of restored Mustangs out there;in fact you can purchase a "new"1968 Mustang body if
you want for a lot less money.The money is in the history of the car and previous owner and movie history.