Old hay wagon wheel bearings and grease seal

/ Old hay wagon wheel bearings and grease seal #1  

Oldwagon

Tractor
Jd 4255
Hello, very new to dealing with wheel bearings. I just have a couple of questions about the old hay wagon hub pictured below. Does the grease seal separate from hub where I’ve drawn that red line? Also, the little inset in the casting you can see when looking inside the hub (there is another, 180* from it) … is that where I’m supposed to hit the bearing racer to remove it. I gave both inside and outside racers a few whacks with a punch but neither budged. I don’t want to cause too much harm out of ignorance. Thanks for any information!
38B11874-9CC9-4705-84E6-F2F96A4B2BE0.jpeg
C0A6F8A3-0305-468C-AAC1-5ACADA35F546.jpeg
CE1C1844-EEE7-46C7-838C-F6F5C2C19FAB.jpeg
BFB11AC7-3F2C-4F5E-BBD6-0B828EC4D92A.jpeg

/ Old hay wagon wheel bearings and grease seal #2  
Welcome to TBN. Yes on both questions. The notch out across from the red arrow is where you use a punch to remove the race.

/ Old hay wagon wheel bearings and grease seal #3  
Go to YouTube and look up "trailer wheel bearing". There are several to watch. Much easier then trying to walk you through it.

You need a new seal, an inner and outer bearing, and an inner and outer race. Wheel bearing grease and lots of paper towels. Pack your bearing in your hand before you re-assemble.

/ Old hay wagon wheel bearings and grease seal
Thanks for the welcome and the helpful information … exactly what I needed, a real treat (y)

/ Old hay wagon wheel bearings and grease seal #5  
A seal puller can remove the seal often without damage. Double lipped seals work much better keeping grease in and water out. Have to remove seal to access the inner bearing. Often the bearings can be cleaned, inspected, repacked and reused. Done properly with high quality grease lasts a long long time.