Rake Old Fixed-Angle Power Rake (Harley Rake) - Manufacturer? Age? Value?

/ Old Fixed-Angle Power Rake (Harley Rake) - Manufacturer? Age? Value? #1  

Dougster

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Mahindra 4110 w/509 BH
Hello all - Long time no post! :)

I need some advice in regard to an older power rake for sale near me.

We desperately need a power rake to work the soil around our new retirement property. Our contractor did close to nothing with the topsoil, so it is all rocks and weeds right now. Somehow, we need to kill the weeds and get the soil ready for hydro-seeding in the fall.

Lord knows that I should have bought a Harley Rake way back when. I could have had a brand new leftover T6 for $6,000 or a really nice slightly used one for $4,350. Unfortunately, those days are long gone and so is the thickness of my wallet. :eek: I see that new ones start at $9K. I've tried to rent a T6 or PR1672 or similar around here with no luck at all. I could rent a hydraulic one, but my machine is not high flow so I imagine that it would take forever to get a good result.

So what about this old one (below)? Does anyone know anything about that machine? Manufacturer? Age? Value? Performance? I've only ever seen one before. Neither that owner or the current owner knows anything about them. :confused:

Question: Is it worth buying or not? Asking price is $2K. :confused: I think I'd have to get that down to $1,500 to be willing to take a chance on it. :cool:

Old Power Rake.jpg