OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023?

/ OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #21  
We quickly forget after a disastrous event why government rules and regulations are needed until the next disaster, then the hollering is, “ Why wasn’t something done”.

/ OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #22  
We quickly forget after a disastrous event why government rules and regulations are needed until the next disaster, then the hollering is, “ Why wasn’t something done”.

About 6 ounces last year. Leak 4 years ago dumped 2 gallons of diesel from cracked plastic tank.

/ OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #23  
When I tried using EPA approved cans I spilled my share. Now that I have a hoard of old school cans I spill 2 ozs annually.

/ OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #25  
These are great. I buy them on ebay from the ez pour store.

IMG_2876.jpg

/ OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #26  
These 5 gal cans minimize spilling, this 14 gallon caddy also does, (works better using gravity to dispense in my experience) is small enough I can still manhandle it. and this 35 gal caddy marketed for gasoline with a ground clamp which I only use for diesel though, minimal spillage on all of the above.

Attachments

• KIMG2436.JPG
    KIMG2436.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
  • KIMG2432.JPG
    KIMG2432.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 25
  • KIMG2433.JPG
    KIMG2433.JPG
    928 KB · Views: 28
   / OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #27  
Proposed Washington state bill HB 1168 . The EPA seems to think that OPE users spilled SEVENTEEN MILLION GALLONS.

So pretty much a bill much like California has been proposed.

Last summer I went to my closest Kubota and Stihl Dealer in Olympia WA to purchase a Stihl AP battery trimmer.

Olympia didn’t have one but the sister store in Yelm did and they brought it in for me.

When I picked it up the sales counter person asked why battery…

I said I’m from California and it’s illegal for me to use a gas string trimmer and I want to be able to use it home.

The two guys behind the counter got a chuckle and said glad Washington isn’t California!

As I’ve mentioned before… ignore what happens in California at your own peril because chances are it’s just a matter of time…

/ OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #28  
Some of that is true. In the PNW and Nevada, it is because Californians moved in in such great numbers they inflicted their ideals on the locals.

Then you have some Atlantic coast types that wannabe California.

The biggest risk to most of us is when it becomes impractical for companies to make 2 versions.

/ OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #29  
The "No Spill" cans @jjeff posted are the only modern epa cans that I have found to be usable. I use one for my 2 cycle tools, but use old Jerry cans for anything else that needs regular gas.

The Jerry cans can still be found, but are crazy expensive. Fortunately I bought 6 of them like 25 years ago with a selection of spouts.

/ OK, how much gas did you spill in 2023? #30  
Last summer I went to my closest Kubota and Stihl Dealer in Olympia WA to purchase a Stihl AP battery trimmer.

Olympia didn’t have one but the sister store in Yelm did and they brought it in for me.

When I picked it up the sales counter person asked why battery…

I said I’m from California and it’s illegal for me to use a gas string trimmer and I want to be able to use it home.

The two guys behind the counter got a chuckle and said glad Washington isn’t California!

As I’ve mentioned before… ignore what happens in California at your own peril because chances are it’s just a matter of time…

I’m from California. I shop at that dealer too. I’m glad the counter guys laughed at you. :p

Mike