oil rationalisation.

/ oil rationalisation. #1  

koshari

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck35 , Deutz agrolux 4.80e, Deutz Agrotron 6.00 TT, Kobelco sk30ur excavator.
Any suggestions on a common engine oil i could use in both out cub cadet petrol kohler command 13hp engine and our kioti 36hp diesal engine? might even use it in the KLR650 as well. got way to many lubricants on the shelf with 2 stroke oil and UTF. also looking at buying 20l drums. our weather is relatively mild, generally 10 to 20 deg Celsius with a few days into the 30 and occasionally 40s but never minus.

iam tending to think penrite HPR 10w40 semi synthetic.

cheers.

/ oil rationalisation. #2  
Just use a good 5w30 diesel engine oil for both. Can get it at your nearest VW dealership. Not common in auto or Walmart worlds. People seem to think you need 40w for diesels. Where you are, you could do with 10w30 diesel oil, but even it isn't common in the auto or Walmart world stores. Wouldn't think you need that much to buy a drum of it. Run it for about 200 hours on the gas and diesel engines. Pooey on the time (if synthetic like at VW dealerships).

Ralph

/ oil rationalisation.
i can get Nulon Full Synthetic Long Life Diesel Engine Oil - 5W-30 for about a dollar a litre more.

Wouldn't think you need that much to buy a drum of it.

with 3 vehicles i would, hence the thread title.

/ oil rationalisation. #4  
I looked at the specs for the Nulon diesel oil, and while it will be fine in your gas engine, it may not be adequate for your Kioti diesel. Nulon says it meets the API CF spec.
I have no idea what Kioti requires, but I would check the manual.

/ oil rationalisation. #7  
Any suggestions on a common engine oil i could use in both out cub cadet petrol kohler command 13hp engine and our kioti 36hp diesal engine? might even use it in the KLR650 as well. got way to many lubricants on the shelf with 2 stroke oil and UTF. also looking at buying 20l drums. our weather is relatively mild, generally 10 to 20 deg Celsius with a few days into the 30 and occasionally 40s but never minus.

iam tending to think penrite HPR 10w40 semi synthetic.

cheers.

AMSOIL 10w40 is all you need for your applications. The CK35 needs a diesel CC/CD rated oil and the KLR needs wet clutch compatible oil so the AMSOIL exceeds on all the requirements. It's a full synthetic made for gas and diesel, that will work great for you. I've used this oil in my CK30 and all my small engines including my ATV for years with good results. AMSOIL Premium Protection 1W-4 Synthetic Motor Oil Made in America and can get reasonable or sometimes free shipping.
Dutchy

/ oil rationalisation. #8  
I have used DELO 400 in everything for over 60 years. It was originally developed s a stationary diesel engine oil. Has been improved over the years to meet technology changes. Right now I have 10-40 V. I never even look at the price. Why get off a winning horse.

Ron

/ oil rationalisation.
AMSOIL 10w40 is all you need for your applications. The CK35 needs a diesel CC/CD rated oil and the KLR needs wet clutch compatible oil so the AMSOIL exceeds on all the requirements. It's a full synthetic made for gas and diesel, that will work great for you. I've used this oil in my CK30 and all my small engines including my ATV for years with good results. AMSOIL Premium Protection 1W-4 Synthetic Motor Oil Made in America and can get reasonable or sometimes free shipping.
Dutchy

pity iam in australia