Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT

/ Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT #1  
Tractor
Ford 3910
Hello all,

I have a Lamborghini 550DT tractor and need to add some oil to the hydraulics/brakes, can any one help me find how to check the maximun oil limit?

Thanks for the help,
Best regards,
Carlos Oliveira

/ Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT #3  
I am not familiar with your tractor, but there should be either a window type gauge or an actual dipstick to check the hydraulic oil level.
If a window type, it will be on the transmission case, likely on the rear of the machine case near the axles. A dipstick would likely be centered on the case above the 3 point hitch. The dipstick may also be the fill point.
Sorry I cannot provide more specific info, hopefully someone will have a more detailed answer.

/ Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT
Hello,

Thanks for the support. There is no dipstick and in the rear of the transmission case there's on window.
I guess one of the screws, when removed, shows us the limit.

/ Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT #5  
That could very well be. I've only seen check bolts on front axles though.
Maybe you could stick the fill port and measure where on the case the oil level is currently at, then look around that level on the case for check bolts or a window gauge.
Best of luck.

/ Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT #6  
Don't know anything about your specific tractor but sometimes the dipstick is under the seat. If you have the cab version look for an access panel in the area above the rear differential as RJ mentioned above.

If you still can't find it I would look for an owners manual or a parts diagram/catalog. A quick Google search shows both are available for download or on ebay

/ Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT #7  
If you are on Facebook, check out some groups like "Alfaias Agricolas", "Tractores Classicos", "Tractores, alfaias, maquinas industriais Portugal"

Someone in there will for sure help you. Just ignore the ones that come up with the classic: "check the manual". Some people don't realize these are old tractors and the manuals are long gone.

These are common tractors over here, so someone will know for sure.

/ Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT #8  
Hi!
Typically, information about the recommended oil level in the hydraulic/brake system of the Lamborghini 550DT tractor is available in the technical documentation for servicing the tractor.
here's what you can do:
Inspect the hydraulic fluid or brake fluid reservoir. Usually there is a maximum and minimum oil level on the reservoir.
Some tractors have a scaled bar that indicates the oil level. check it to determine the level.
adding too much oil can be just as problematic as not adding enough. It is important to choose the right type and amount of oil.
I have been doing the maintenance of my tractor myself for a long time and buying motor oil wholesale on the Internet

Last edited:
   / Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT
Hello all,

Thanks for the help and support.
I haven't found any dipstick or oil check screws.
I will ask in the Facebook groups recommended.
I've tried to get the service manual, but the one I have does not mention it.

Best regards,
Carlos Oliveira

/ Oil level on a Lamborghini 550DT #10  
Hello all,

Thanks for the help and support.
I haven't found any dipstick or oil check screws.
I will ask in the Facebook groups recommended.
I've tried to get the service manual, but the one I have does not mention it.

Best regards,
Carlos Oliveira

Might have to watch Jeremy Clarkson's Farm series in order to get pointers on this. There's a funny episode about him and his team not knowing how to drive their new/used Lambo tractor . . .