Oil & Fuel oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine #1  

welded

Tractor
Case 480FLL
Hi All
I just had the head rebuilt with new valve seats, valve, and valve seals.
I installed the rebuilt head with a new head gasket, adjusted the valves installed pre-combustion chamber seals, installed the ld injectors after taking the to get checked and tourqed the head. the engine runs geat(1800 rpm) driving a generator.

the thing I can't figure out is why I am getting oil dripping out of the exhaust?
I suppose the shop could have screwed up on the valve seals
but how can i prove it?
Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks
Ken

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine #2  
Possible cylinder/oil ring problem?

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine #3  
How/why did you decide to only have head work done?

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine #4  
Possible cylinder/oil ring problem?

This could be the problem, but I am also interested in why type of oil you are using. Are you using synthetic? Many times synthetic oil on new seals can cause a leak or extended time for proper seating and sealing. Just a thought

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine #5  
How/why did you decide to only have head work done?

Wondered too, but I just assume it blew the head gasket for some reason and he had it built while off.

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine #6  
Sounds like it could be wet stacking. Were you running the engine under load? Did the engine get up to temperature??
Check that the coolant is getting up to temperature. If not the thermostat could be stuck open.
I would run the engine under a significant load for 30 minutes or so to allow the engine to reach operating temperature. If it does not get up to temp check the cooling system.
If it refuses to warm up carefully block some of the airflow thru the radiator this should force the engine temp to increase.
Get back to us with results.
90cummins

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine
This could be the problem, but I am also interested in why type of oil you are using. Are you using synthetic? Many times synthetic oil on new seals can cause a leak or extended time for proper seating and sealing. Just a thought

No synthetic. Just standard 15-30-Dello. What is weird is there is No blowby at all (as seen by a open oil cap on the valve vover0 but there is oil coming(Dripping) out of the number 2& 3 cylinder exhaust ports and nothing from #1.
The head was rebuilt and oil was leaking big time from #2 & 3. I took the head off again and they re-did the valve guides with new seals. Again there is oil coming out of #2 & 3 cylinders but only a small amount.
As far as I concerned there should be no little or no oil in the exhaust ports. So Im kinda stumped. It would suck to have to pull off the head a third time, take it back to the machine shop and go through this all over again. Any Ideas???

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine #8  
Why when you took it off this last time did you not take it back to the machine shop if you suspect the wrong seals or I'll fit.

/ oil dripping from exhaust manifold on a 3 cyl. 90Le engine #9  
Ring job.