Oil & Fuel oil chane light

/ oil chane light #1  

shakin

Gold Member
Tractor
montana 2840
i have a cub riding lawn mower, just hit 50 hours and the display flashes change oil. i did thought unhooking the battery might reset but it didn't think it's a lt1046 but i'm not sure it's 18 hp kohler courage engine. the red light that flashes is quite annoying. anyone know how to make it stop yelling at me?

/ oil chane light #2  
The following is from the operators manual.

"The LCD will alternately flash the recorded hours and CHG and OIL for five minutes after every 50 hrs of recorded operation. The maintenance interval lasts for two hours(from 50-52, 100-102, 150-152, etc). The LCD will flash as described above for five minutes every time the tractor engine has been started during the maintenance interval."

I've not seen any manual say that the red oil pressure light flashes also.

/ oil chane light #3  
My GT2542 is doing the same thing as with the red oil pressure light. It flashed about every 5-6 seconds and the chg oil message flashes over and over on the LCD display??? It just turned 50 hours? I am hoping that both the light and the message will stop soon and just figured it was a reminder thing programed to display after 50 hours. That really doesn't make sense for my tractor though as it says to change the oil after every 100 hours after the 1st 25 hours?? I am hoping for some help with that also as I did not even see anything about the chg oil msg, let a lone the flashing oil pressure light. It says it the oil pressure light comes on and stays on, then you have an oil pressure problem, it does not mention anything about it flashing in my manual for the GT2542??

/ oil chane light #4  
Sounds like the blinking oil pressure light was added to the normal "chg oil" message at some point, probably because someone decided that the LCD display was too easy to ignore.

/ oil chane light #5  
my light went off after a few hrs..did the same thing at 100 hrs..turned off around 102

/ oil chane light #6  
So from the two posts here, I can assume that my light will go out as well shortly. Since there is absolutely nothing in the manual about the blinking oil pressure light or chg oil msg, how long after the 50 hour change, will it take for this to clear? Thank you

/ oil chane light #7  
Old machinist wrote it a few posts before.............approx 2 hours.......50 to 52, 100 to 102, and so on.........

/ oil chane light #8  
I have a GT 2554 and it's on page 11 of the manual, under Hour Meter/Battery Display. Mine went away at 52hrs on the nose. Don't worry about it, it's a nice feature

/ oil chane light #9  
Still nothing to be found in my manual on any page, but it seems like from the post here it is nothing to worry about, and since it started at 50 hours, that must be what is going on. Can't believe the manual says nothing about this
????? Thanks guys

/ oil chane light #10  
Mine went on at 50 hours and is still flashing at 135 hours. I change my oil every fall before the winter and I average about 35 hours a year so it really doesn't matter.