Oil & Fuel oil cap/trans

/ oil cap/trans #11  
Anyone here with a YM1500 to reply with the amount of hydraulic fluid needed for a change-out to fresh? That's the only item left in the OPs request not answered here.

/ oil cap/trans #12  
Anyone here with a YM1500 to reply with the amount of hydraulic fluid needed for a change-out to fresh? That's the only item left in the OPs request not answered here.

I answered that in post #3 but must not have been believed. :D

/ oil cap/trans
I drained the fluid and replaced with 9.5-10 qts.
Shifting and engaging is harder than before as if there wasnt enough fluid in the system.
I added enough to get it to a little over 10.

question now is, without a dipstick, How do I read the level of fluid ?
and like when changing oil in an engine must I add for (as in the engine ) the oil filter and the fluid that stays in the system ?

/ oil cap/trans #15  
I drained the fluid and replaced with 9.5-10 qts.
Shifting and engaging is harder than before as if there wasnt enough fluid in the system.
I added enough to get it to a little over 10.

question now is, without a dipstick, How do I read the level of fluid ?
and like when changing oil in an engine must I add for (as in the engine ) the oil filter and the fluid that stays in the system ?

Did you clean the filter or place in a new one?

Since the filter resides inside the hydraulic area of the tractor, no added fluid is needed.

When you drained out the old hydraulic fluid, did you then place back on the filter cover, add in about 2-gallons of diesel and worked the gears at low RPMs. This would take out any gunk. Next drain that diesel out and refill with clean hydraulic fluid.

IF your machine has a FEL or other hydraulic attachment, you need to consider how much more fluid is needed in the system.

/ oil cap/trans #16  
Surely your engine has a dip stick. After engine has circulated and set awhile check and fill to full mark on dip stick.

Is the black knob shown in your picture in post #1 have the transmission dip stick broken off? Did Hoye not have that dip stick?

/ oil cap/trans
Surely your engine has a dip stick. After engine has circulated and set awhile check and fill to full mark on dip stick.

Is the black knob shown in your picture in post #1 have the transmission dip stick broken off? Did Hoye not have that dip stick?

Apologize for not being clear. I meant a dipstick for the hydraulic - transmission fluid

/ oil cap/trans #18  
YM 1500 there is an oil cap next to gear shift.
What is it to ?
What type oil ?
What capacity ?

View attachment 662918View attachment 662918

According to Aaron’s post, the circled black knob should be your transmission dip stick. If the dip stick is missing off the knob, you may be able to get it from Hoyetractor as Winston indicated. Adjustments.JPG

/ oil cap/trans
oh, thank you

Thank everyone for walking me through this seemingly simple process