Oil & Fuel oil blow by

/ oil blow by #11  
First, I would look under the valve cover to see if large quantities of oil are spurting around - on the theory that this might possibly be the cause for so much oil coming out the vent. (And note the valve cover gasket on some of these is a permanent 'rope' embedded in a grove, or sometimes a reusable rubber gasket, so don't destroy it getting the valve cover off!) But if that doesn't seem to be the problem ...

Assuming this tractor is in typical hobby use, ~50 hours per year and only momentarily at full horsepower output - I don't see a need to overhaul it so long as it starts readily. That's a lot of expense for almost no improvement of usability. 30 year old equipment usually has some 'personality' - peculiarities.
after new oil is added the blow by almost stops
Ok, on this one frequent oil changes prevent excessive smoke. You might try straight 30 wt oil as specified in the Operation Manual to see if that lasts longer before smoking. I would just accept that this engine is nearing overhaul - but its not there yet until low compression limits its ability to start. That could be many years from now if its not in commercial use. Perfection and elegance are nice - but expensive to attain. Perhaps a different tractor would be a better choice if that is as important as usability.

/ oil blow by
thanks everyone for the help. at least I now know what im in for. I will have to start saving my hard earned dollars for a on frame rebuild

/ oil blow by
you are right about perfection, I have lived with this for several years and have devised a catch container for the dripping oil. I have 250 hrs on tractor since I bought it 6yr ago although the hours are hard hrs. I blame myself for this issue because I pushed my tractor to its limints many times

/ oil blow by #14  
I have seen a farmer fix by taking tubing to put the vent back to the dipstick, with a T fitting and an upright riser tube that then turns down like an upside down J.

End result is that blown oil goes out the vent and back to the dipstick hole. pressure is vented out the tube. the turn down prevents dust and water from freely entering the vent stack.

this fix works better on some setups than others. IE ones in which trhe dipstick is on the lower side of the engine.. etc..

/ oil blow by #16  
you'll have to get a hair creative with tubing and piping.. perhaps some combo of both.. and a zip tie or 2 and some copper wire and black tape to make the J.. but as said.

I've seen it done and it turns an oil dribbler to one that just blows... saves ya from bailing wiring a soda bottle down under the tube as a catchpan..