Oil & Fuel oil blow by

/ oil blow by #1  

Barry72

Tractor
yanmar1610D
I am new to this forum so I hope someone can give me some direction on my problem I have a yanmar 1610D 3cyl diesel that spits oil out of the valve cover blow by tube I keep the oil changed on a regular basis and use rotella 15W 40. after new oil is added the blow by almost stops, but as the oil thins it gets worse. I can easily lose 6oz in one hour getting to be a pain to keep a bottle at end of tube to catch all the drips coming out. any tech support will help

/ oil blow by #2  
I thought rings blowby would push vapor, not drops of liquid oil.

Pull the dipstick out and see if lots of pressure comes out there. If not then you might just have the rocker oiling going nuts and spurting - a much less expensive repair. you could pull the valve cover off to further investigate this.

/ oil blow by #4  
Coupled with winston1's comment and yours about the oil thinning out, are you getting fuel into the oil as the engine runs or sits? I'm surprised that the oil actually thins out.

/ oil blow by
just tried your sugest with the dipstick. slight pressuere and oil ozzes out slightly. watched winston1 vedio and yes it does that but with oil dripping out oil level is not high. I hope whatever rocker fix you have might work

/ oil blow by
no fuel in oil and the oil thinning is just as the oil breakes down with use and wear

/ oil blow by #7  
My opinion,,, You're in for an engine rebuild

/ oil blow by #9  
If it is like the video you will need to rebuild it to some degree.

I have had mine start to blow by. I can really only see it when the sun is right, but i suspect it will still last many more years for me as many hours as i put a year on it. And its NO WHERE near the video that keeps getting posted here.

/ oil blow by #10  
Hoye shows a Piston and 25&50 over. No sleeve? May want to check into that. Hate to have to find a block.