Oh Boy-possible tranny issues on a new Cub GTX2000......

/ Oh Boy-possible tranny issues on a new Cub GTX2000...... #1  

dieselbob69

Gold Member
Tractor
'21 Kubota BX2380
:mad::mad:Man,I can't catch a freakin' break. I have a bad feeling this Cub is going to be a f**king nightmare. First,as they getting ready to deliver it to me on April 6th, the "electronic" power steering wasn't operating properly,so they delayed delivery a week and put a new ps unit on it(build date under seat is 05/12,so it's already 2 years old:rolleyes:). Dealer didn't do proper setup of deck-wasn't level side to side(1/2"off),so I took care of that myself. So after mowing for first time today,was going to put it away,and heard a nice "clicking" noise coming from rear end:mad::mad::mad:.Brought wife outside to make sure I wasn't hearing things-she heard it too,along w/my son who just pulled in.Tranny fluid was between marks after an hour.I got rid of the Kubota GR2100 for having tranny problems,now I get a brand new machine and get same result-a whole 7.2 hrs on machine now-wtf-getting REALLY ticked off at all this sub par new crap nowadays. Knew I shoulda went with an older Green machine........

/ Oh Boy-possible tranny issues on a new Cub GTX2000...... #2  
take it back

/ Oh Boy-possible tranny issues on a new Cub GTX2000...... #3  
   / Oh Boy-possible tranny issues on a new Cub GTX2000......
I think 4 years/400 hours. Talked to dealer today-said that happens in most of the series 2000 tractors since they came out 3 years ago-it will go away after a few mowings.He said they totally disassembled a tranny to find the noise when they first came out a few years ago and found nothing wrong with it. I guess time will tell..... seems funny I don't recall anyone mentioning this problem on here.

/ Oh Boy-possible tranny issues on a new Cub GTX2000...... #5  
I think 4 years/400 hours. Talked to dealer today-said that happens in most of the series 2000 tractors since they came out 3 years ago-it will go away after a few mowings.He said they totally disassembled a tranny to find the noise when they first came out a few years ago and found nothing wrong with it. I guess time will tell..... seems funny I don't recall anyone mentioning this problem on here.

Is it a K46 tuff torque trans?

/ Oh Boy-possible tranny issues on a new Cub GTX2000...... #8  
I bought a new GT 2000 bought in June 2011 (same tranny as yours) now with over 130 hrs. I never heard any clicking from the tranny and have never seen any posts regarding clicking on that tranny.

Leo

/ Oh Boy-possible tranny issues on a new Cub GTX2000......
Believe me,it was there. However,just as dealer owner told me,the noise did go away(at least for now). I didn't hear any clicking when I was done mowing on Thursday. This Cub I'm not fond of. Really sad to see how Cub has cheaped out on these more expensive mowers-the 3204 I bought new 12 years ago seems way better than this mower.