Offset power steering leak

/ Offset power steering leak #1  

stendek

Tractor
Terramite T5
I have oil leaking out from the top of my steering column (1996 T5C). From other posts I know I need to replace the face seal #29 in the diagram and possibly the bushing and seal #38/39 as well. I have read anecdotally that these units are hard to work on and changing these seals should not be attempted without terraquip tech support on the phone.

Does anyone have any experience with this job that can explain how to do it and what pitfalls to avoid ? I haven’t taken it out/apart yet but it appears from the diagram that once removed and on the bench the four bolts go though the whole assembly so I can see how stuff go could sideways if I try to get to the seals and bushings.

I’ll call terraquip if I have to but rather have an idea of what’s involved before I get into it.

/ Offset power steering leak #2  
Have not done one, but have not found anything on a terramite that is complicated. I could very well be, but they have made them for years pretty simple

Does look like you have the most probable parts that would need replacing, but if you don't need it right away, might take it apart first. My thought is, there may be other issues, so unless your close by so you can pickup the parts, might wait to reduce shipping