Offers I can't refuse?

/ Offers I can't refuse? #41  
I keep getting calls from people wanting to offer me business loans. When I ask them to provide their names, business names, contact info etc they say "sorry, it doesn't sound like you need a business loan" and hang up.

Last edited:
   / Offers I can't refuse? #42  
I keep getting calls from people wanting to offer me business loans. When I ask them to provide their names, business names, contact info etc they say "sorry, it doesn't sound like you need a business loan" and hang up.
:ROFLMAO: Oh that is priceless!

/ Offers I can't refuse? #43  
I never answer a call unless I know who is calling or Maybe if a contractor says someone will call and the number is local. Usually just let vm handle it. Most don't even leave a message.
I don't have the luxury of not answering on my work cell phone. It could be a customer.

Granted I've answered and hung right up as soon as someone starts in on a solicitation speech.

/ Offers I can't refuse? #44  
I occasionally check my spam folder and find emails from people offering to buy my land on a street in my home town. I don't own land in my home town.

/ Offers I can't refuse? #45  
I occasionally check my spam folder and find emails from people offering to buy my land on a street in my home town. I don't own land in my home town.
You might have your name on some you aren’t aware of. Maybe you should check.

/ Offers I can't refuse? #46  
I had a good friend, who is now deceased, who made some moderately substantial money combing through deed records and appraisal district records for property in rural counties adjacent to or near Harris County (Houston) for property she could acquire and sell. She had some interesting ways of doing business. I would not discuss what I knew about them with anyone. Mainly because 1) questionably illegal, and I didn’t want anyone to get the idea that I was in on any of it and 2) I didn’t want anyone else to think they could do it and make money also.

Last edited:
   / Offers I can't refuse? #47  
So, let me swap this around on yall for a second. I have 2 acres, and left and right of me, are 2 acre undeveloped lots, not currently for sale, as well as 3 ea 5 acre lots behind me. If I wanted to reach out to the owners (all out of state, S Fla, New England, ect), what would be the best way to get ahold of them, and actually make a real offer. Ad I've told the wife; I guarantee every year, during tax time, somewhere in New York or wherever, that property tax is a fight between a husband and wife. "You never even seen that property, why are we paying $500 in taxes, you should sell it"
Go to your county government website and navigate to the assessor’s link. In my county they have parcel maps and you can click on each parcel and it will show the owner’s name and mailing address.

/ Offers I can't refuse? #48  
Yes, but what I mean is how do you separate yourself from the hundreds of BS random letters? I know I don't even open mail from random folks.
Introduce yourself in a letter as a neighboring land owner. I had to do something similar with contacting owners of undeveloped property on my private road when I wanted to organize people to reconstruct our road. Everyone responded to my mailed letter.

/ Offers I can't refuse? #49  
Some states withhold owner info on line but it can be obtained free at county assessor office viewing files plus third party providers have info too.