Backhoe OEM or Aftermarket Backhoe?

/ OEM or Aftermarket Backhoe? #1  

Ledgemere Farm

Veteran Member
Tractor
A bunch
Something tells me OEM would be better in terms of design fit for tractor model and ease of attaching/detaching. Just looking for some feedback. Thanks! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ OEM or Aftermarket Backhoe? #2  
I have a Great Bend bh for the B2910. It is a pain to put on, but I have no idea if that is easier or harder than the OEM version. It is a 3pt mount but we built a subframe. Technically it could also be mounted to the TC24 too but I've never done that (I think it is a bit too big/heavy for the smaller tractor).

HOWEVER, I would suspect that the best reason to go with OEM might be a warrenty issue. HENRO has commented on this point several times and I think he is correct. In my case if something breaks who is to blame? Is it the tractor mfg or the bh mfg? If both came from the same place, there would only be one place to look for blame/help.

/ OEM or Aftermarket Backhoe? #3  
I might suggest going to a dealership close by like New Holland and have the dealer show you how easy a loader mounts and dismounts. I think once you see it for yourself you would have good reason to stick with OEM. I take mine off all the time for jobs where it just might be in the way and every time I do " I smile " /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ OEM or Aftermarket Backhoe? #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I might suggest going to a dealership close by like New Holland and have the dealer show you how easy a loader mounts and dismounts. I think once you see it for yourself you would have good reason to stick with OEM. I take mine off all the time for jobs where it just might be in the way and every time I do " I smile " /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif )</font>

But a backhoe is a whole different animal - 3pt & it has that stiff upper link that just makes it a pain to mount, OEM or otherwise - all going to mount exactly the same. However you do have the warrenty issue if the tractor cracks in half.

On a small tractor I would much prefer a frame mount to protect the tractor. For that you need to consider clearance for your other implements (loader, mid-mount mower, even 3pt arms....) whatever you use. But with frame mount, I'd look for the best backhoe/ value, no need to stick with OEM.

JIMHO.

--->Paul

/ OEM or Aftermarket Backhoe? #5  
Paul I'm sorry I misread your question and responded as though you had asked about a loader, must be old age.

We have a frame mount backhoe and it's a bit more work to mount than the 3-point attached backhoes. I'm sure most 3-point backhoes would be compatible with your tractor.

The warranty issue swayed us to stick with OEM for a backhoe as well. I didn't want any issues to be clouded with the fact that our loader might have been made by someone other than New Holland folks. The kicker to all this information is that Rhino/SMC actually makes this backhoe for the NH folks anyway.

/ OEM or Aftermarket Backhoe? #6  
I think it depends on the Brand of tractor. I have a JD and mounting and dismounting of the OEM sub frame Hoe is about 2-minutes, from the tractor seat thats not including the time for removal of the 3pt arms which is about 3-Min's not from the seat. The OEM hoe is designed for that tractor, so has been said if something breaks it's under warranty with the same outfit.

David