Backhoe OEM for LS-branded LB3101 Backhoe (for XU series)?

/ OEM for LS-branded LB3101 Backhoe (for XU series)? #1  

BlessedMess

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5200
Hello all. Ordered a XU5065CPS with the LS BH and loader (LB3101 and LL5103) installed, and was wondering who the BH OEM is (loader OEM too if known)? Interested in adding a thumb, as well as pricing/setup if other size buckets or parts are ever needed, and most fitment guides don't list LS. Thanks much.

Update: The Kioti KB2485 (BH for the DK and some DS series) seems to have the same performance specifications... would be great if they share common parts and are interchangeable.

Last edited:
   / OEM for LS-branded LB3101 Backhoe (for XU series)?
Updating this thread from another thread in the General forum. Almost 100% certain that Taesung (Korea) is the OEM for the LB3101. They don't advertise any larger "traditional" BHs than this 8' model, but they do have a nifty and higher capacity sliding frame BH model that can offset the BH left or right of the tractor's center.

Kioti, TYM, and LS are likely rebranding this same Taesung KTS-665 backhoe... all have the same specs, except TYM has higher digging force (maybe only because of higher hydraulic pump flow?). Since LS doesn't list BH or bucket weights/options (1102lbs w/o bucket, 9" -36"), hope this is helpful to those looking for more information. Also, if you ever need parts, be sure to cross-shop to see if the other dealer sells for less... and if you ever need to sell, you could target a wider audience assuming subframe mount points and dimensions are the same.

The Taesung implement catalog (mostly Korean PDF that took forever to download from Taesung's website) shows only a picture of a BH thumb, so it may be possible to source an OEM thumb if needed. Loaders (at least on the XU) could also be a Taesung design given similar appearance and specs... trying to convert from mm/kg makes it difficult to figure out which model, but will post an update if I figure that out too.

/ OEM for LS-branded LB3101 Backhoe (for XU series)? #3  
Hello all. Ordered a XU5065CPS with the LS BH and loader (LB3101 and LL5103) installed, and was wondering who the BH OEM is (loader OEM too if known)? Interested in adding a thumb, as well as pricing/setup if other size buckets or parts are ever needed, and most fitment guides don't list LS. Thanks much. Update: The Kioti KB2485 (BH for the DK and some DS series) seems to have the same performance specifications... would be great if they share common parts and are interchangeable.
I always thought that the loaders are made by Amerequip Client List - Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions for OEMs
Client List - Design, Engineering and Manufacturing Solutions for OEMs

/ OEM for LS-branded LB3101 Backhoe (for XU series)? #4  
Take client lists with a grain of salt. I work for a major electric utility and have seen the company listed on client lists. I know that we used only a small part of their services and at the time we were no longer using their services. But, they continued to list us.

/ OEM for LS-branded LB3101 Backhoe (for XU series)? #5  
Take client lists with a grain of salt. I work for a major electric utility and have seen the company listed on client lists. I know that we used only a small part of their services and at the time we were no longer using their services. But, they continued to list us.
I take everything on the internet with a grain of salt. Even this board.

Here are the FEL pictures from the Taesung product catalog and of a new XU5065CPS thanks to TBN member Deerherd. They appear to be very similar designs, and the listed specifications for loader height, weight capacity, dump pitch, etc. are roughly equivalent (but not for the model numbers listed in the pics).

Taesung also has had business relationships with LS since 2008 and Kioti, TYM, Mahindra before then. If isn't AmerEquip's loader on the XU, can understand why these Korean tractor companies would source implements domestically for tax, freight and/or QA/QC benefits.

Also found an (Article) about USDM investments by Taesung.

Attachments

• image-3041632407.jpg
    image-3041632407.jpg
    424.1 KB · Views: 338
  • image-4149614283.jpg
    image-4149614283.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
   / OEM for LS-branded LB3101 Backhoe (for XU series)? #7  
Yea they are similar but still not the same. What type hoses are there on the LS tractors? If they are metric well made in Korea SAE US, yet that is kind of circumstantial evidence but it might be correct. :D

Thanks, G. When it gets here I'll examine more closely and report back on both the FEL and BH. For now I'm 99.9% certain the BH is a Taesung design... who manufactures/assembles all the individual pieces could be another story.