Odd restaurant policies?!?

/ Odd restaurant policies?!? #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Curious what unusual restaurant menus or policies you've seen? Here are two:
One local restaurant they list about eight sides on menu, at $2.49, some $2.69 & $2.89. Months ago I asked the owner why? He said "because a serving of french fries is less expensive than a serving of broccoli ".
My reply was "define serving".
We could tell he was flustered, now we notice new menus that list all sides @ $2.69.
Another odd one another restaurant today has about 10 sides. Each entree said "comes with 2&4, another with 3&7", etc. I ordered and asked to substitute one...they showed on menu "no substitutions".
Anyone know why? Sides are in separate bowls. I can't figure it out.

/ Odd restaurant policies?!? #2  
If you cannot grasp that different foods cost different amounts to buy and prepare, do not go into the restaurant business.

/ Odd restaurant policies?!?
If you cannot grasp that different foods cost different amounts to buy and prepare, do not go into the restaurant business.
Oh I absolutely did grasp that even as a child. But the owner did the common sense thing which is average everything, then proportion according to price.

/ Odd restaurant policies?!? #4  
One thing we have notice since C19 reopening restaurants etc. have increase there prices in our area. :confused3:

/ Odd restaurant policies?!? #5  
Seems like everything has gone up, food, haircuts, hardware. Some quite significantly.

/ Odd restaurant policies?!? #6  
Oh I absolutely did grasp that even as a child. But the owner did the common sense thing which is average everything, then proportion according to price.

That only works if he sells the same number of servings of all of them. I do not average the price of all my oil filters.
Restaurants here typically price sides individually or in two groups.

Just went to order printer ink today. $18.98 about a year ago, $42.00 today. Other sellers with lower prices but no stock.
This is what you need Rick. I just filled mine for pennies, pint bottles and a hypo. 20200924_183532.jpg

That only works if he sells the same number of servings of all of them. I do not average the price of all my oil filters.
Restaurants here typically price sides individually or in two groups.
I wouldn't average oil filter prices either. But I'm talking about food in a dish. Ten foods all same quantity would cost different amounts. So you have a full bowl of mashed potatoes but 3/4 full bowl cauliflower. The owner took my advice, he makes the same profit...just different size servings.

One thing we have notice since C19 reopening restaurants etc. have increase there prices in our area. :confused3:
My heart goes out to any business owner going through this covid mess. How they can pay rent+overhead is beyond me. Glad I retired after having a business 40+ years.