Odd or interesting things found out in the woods

/ Odd or interesting things found out in the woods #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I don't remember seeing a thread like this. Post the unique things which you've come across in your travels; odd deer antlers, strange tree growths, etc. Just remember that anything posted on the internet can never be taken back; I had one photo which I deleted as soon as the state trooper downloaded it.
Unfortunately the best things I see are when I don't have a camera; today's pics were taken with my GPS.

This is an old broken crosscut saw which I came across today, hanging from a maple tree which was growing around the remaining handle.

Attachments

• Crosscut1.JPG
    Crosscut1.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 214
  • Crosscut2.JPG
    Crosscut2.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 225
   / Odd or interesting things found out in the woods #2  
What an interesting find, I wonder how long that old crosscut has been hanging there.

A couple of years ago I was wandering thru a section of forest
that my dad and cut firewood in back in the 60's.
I came across this old pulp hook I think we may have left behind.
Hook.JPG
The wooded handle has rotted away and part of the tree is growing around the hook section.

Here is a picture of a new pulp hook, which might make it easier to see the old pulp hook in the other picture.
pulphook.jpg

/ Odd or interesting things found out in the woods
I wouldn't want to fall on that tree. Ouch! It's rather strange how that is positioned, almost like it was setting on a stump which has since rotted away.

/ Odd or interesting things found out in the woods #4  
Are those Peavey made pulp hooks? The old one in the tree looks like it's been welded a couple of times! Very handy. I like a barb on the tip - holds the wood well.