Oasis report??

/ Oasis report?? #1  

HCJ

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 4WD
I have read about running an Oasis report on a used Ford truck to see what warranty work has been done on it. Does anyone know anything about these and if so, how does one go about obtaining a report on a specific VIN #? I am the gambler who just bought a '06 F 350 diesel, despite warnings and tales of gloom. I hope I am lucky on this one, or I am going to have to listen to lots of "told you so". Seriously, it would be nice to know my vehicle's history and if any of the common breakdowns occurred in the past.

/ Oasis report?? #2  
If you already bought the truck maybe you don't want to know. :(

/ Oasis report?? #3  
Yeah, you might be right. Ignorance is bliss or so they say! I did not hear about these reports until I had already purchased this or I would have tried to have one run.

/ Oasis report?? #4  
Oasis is the internal Ford service tracking system. It allows any Ford dealer to look at the repair record for the truck by entering the VIN. It tells everything about the truck and includes all features of the truck (limited slip, etc.) so the dealer doesn't have to decode the VIN in order to know what he's dealing with; and the status of recalls if any were associated with the truck. If you have a Ford extended warranty, that is also entered into Oasis.

If you want to have an Oasis report run, you need to know someone at a Ford dealer. If you go to the DieselStop website, you can usually find a Ford mechanic that will be willing to run an Oasis report for you and supply the report to you via email.

/ Oasis report?? #5  
Oasis is the internal Ford service tracking system. It allows any Ford dealer to look at the repair record for the truck by entering the VIN. It tells everything about the truck and includes all features of the truck (limited slip, etc.) so the dealer doesn't have to decode the VIN in order to know what he's dealing with; and the status of recalls if any were associated with the truck. If you have a Ford extended warranty, that is also entered into Oasis.

If you want to have an Oasis report run, you need to know someone at a Ford dealer. If you go to the DieselStop website, you can usually find a Ford mechanic that will be willing to run an Oasis report for you and supply the report to you via email.

Thank you! I will try that route or see if my local Ford dealer can help me. I have to go by there anyway to have them look up my door lock code that was not provided to me.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

12ft Taylor Way Field Cultivator (A35780)
12ft Taylor Way...
2006 Belshe T10 T/A Tagalong Equipment Trailer (A35915)
2006 Belshe T10...
2007 International 7400 Truck, VIN # 1HTWGAZT37J484553 (A33238)
2007 International...
2007 40ft Shenzhen Container, (A35430)
2007 40ft Shenzhen...
Land Honor 20000lb Electric Winch (A34127)
Land Honor 20000lb...
40ft 2 Door Shipping Container (A35915)
40ft 2 Door...