Nx6010 needs to regen daily

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #11  
That age of this engine in the NX platform they had problems with fuel injectors dumping way too much fuel and clogging up the DPF. Would lead to blown turbos as well. Multiple threads on it on this site in this forum. Some reading for you below.

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily
That age of this engine in the NX platform they had problems with fuel injectors dumping way too much fuel and clogging up the DPF. Would lead to blown turbos as well. Multiple threads on it on this site in this forum. Some reading for you below.

Thanks, ill read up and see what i can find

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #13  
Its a HST

So what its an HST. Still need to know what RPMs you are running it at. In a regen/DPF machine, you need to run it hotter (ie higher RPM on average to keep the exhaust hot enough so you burn off more soot with normal operation).

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #14  
Does you machine actually say not to work during a regen? Most machines say to keep working.

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #15  
Seems that most of these problems are related to leaking/bad injectors: not unique to Kioti (can find this with other machines as well). I wasn't aware that 2016s were necessarily prone. My NX5510 is a 2016, and with 770 hrs on it regens are as infrequent as when it was new (when one occurs I can never recall when the last time one happened; wanting to say 30 to 50 hrs).

I'd think that a dealer could tell if the source of the problem is injector-related: problem would show up in odd timing events on problematic cylinder(s).

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #16  
I've only done one Regen in 5 years with my RX7320 Kioti (shuttle shift). That was after spending a lot of work doing short jobs and building a cab where the tractor was run and shut off continually. The trick is to run your tractor at 1500 RPM minimum speed. Then it might do a Regen while you're working but you barely notice.
I've read that Kioti has one of the best tier 4 systems of any tractor.

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #17  
I just hit 110 hours on my DK4510; first regen at 38, second at 78 hours. Likely to see one coming up soon. Both auto generated while I was mowing, uneventful. A change in pitch, first time there was a distinct odor, second time not so much.

I had been dreading that first regen after hearing so many horror stories, trying to memorize what I thought I might need to do. Hardly noticed. Heard it, smelled it, looked down at light, oh... I guess it's doing a regen. 🥱
Much ado about nothing.

/ Nx6010 needs to regen daily #18  
Actually, in reality, all emissions components as well as software that are related to emissions are warranted for 5 years per Federal Law, however, if the failure of any related component is somehow found to be from user input (like contaminated fuel or the addition of non compatible additives in the fuel or oil), the tractor builder / dealer can deny any warranty claims and that is exactly what Kubota is doing with failed DPF units and related components like the high pressure fuel rail components. If the defective / failed parts show any evidence of abuse by the owner, they can deny warranty. I would imagine that other manufacturers like JD are doing the same.

Kubota is now adding fuel polishing units (example Racor pre filters) to their new T4 final tractors. They realize that the varying quality of diesel fuel can and will contribute to emissions related failures. The OEM filters only filter down to 80 microns (spin on pre filter) and the bowl separator engine mounted filter is even less than 80 microns whereas a fuel polishing unit like a Racor can filter down to 30 microns or less (Racor offers filters to 10 microns) plus they are capable of continuous water-fuel separation.

Even though both of mine are pre 4 units (actually T3 interim), I've added fuel polishing units to both as even conventional high pressure injection diesel engines don't like contaminants in the fuel. I did a thread on that in the Kubota tractor section. I'm about to add one to my diesel pickup truck as well.

While I did not utilize Parker-Racor units on mine because of the initial cost (Parker-Racor filter bases are extremely expensive to purchase and I'm inherently cheap, I do use their 30 micron spin on filters with their 'aquablock' technology. Their filters will fit any aftermarket filter base and nice thing about the filters is the clear add on base that allows you to instantly see if there are any contaminants in the fuel and drain them off via a valve in the clear base. I use their 12T spin on filters rated at 15 gpm which is sufficient for 99% of the tractors on here (as well as mine).

Install is easy as the units are compact and hookup is easy too. The fuel line from the fuel tank is attached to the inlet and the outlet goes to the primary (engine mounted filter). Your engine mounted lift pump provides the suction or if your tractor has a gravity fed tank, the fuel pressure in the tank provides adequate flow.

for me, it's cheap insurance against pump or injector failure from suspect fuel.
"The OEM filters only filter down to 80 microns (spin on pre filter) and the bowl separator engine mounted filter is even less than 80 microns whereas a fuel polishing unit like a Racor can filter down to 30 microns or less"

WoW.
Kubota changed to HPCR and Only installed 80 micron filtration???

Been running and changing out Fleet guard FS19856's on my 03 Cummins and was worried that may be barely enough. Those are rated at 7 micron. Good to see Kubota address the filtering. $600 injectors and High pressure pumps definitely need clean diesel.
Waiting on a new lift pump right now for the wife's 04 Ram Cummins. Pump dead at 75 k miles. At least they are reasonably priced.

Anyone know what Kioti is using for filtration?

Last edited:
   / Nx6010 needs to regen daily #19  
Pull the rubber hose off your turbo and check for oil in it. If there is the seal is gone. One dealer told me mine was fine. Shortly afterwards and a bad batch of fuel I lost my motor. First thing the 2nd dealer that I brought it to said your turbo is shot. Then he told me there is something in your diesel fuel but nobody could identify it. Analysis stated it might be gas. It cost me a motor. My diesel fuel stunk wicked. I think somebody, no names mentioned dumped something in my fuel tank because I know for a fact that I only put diesel in it out of one can that I use.

Last edited:
   / Nx6010 needs to regen daily #20  
So this is something new....it needs to regen pretty much daily now...it has 300 hours on it, 2016 bought it.

Been doing alot of loader work and its highly annoying burning diesel on regen and walking away for 40 minutes to regen

Any ideas?
You do not have to walk away while regeneration is going on. I keep using my tractor during auto regens.

Last edited: