Nx series

/ Nx series #1  

Bavarian

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 6430
I'm not new here on this forum but I still have some questions about the general performance of the NX series.

The tractor should be a all-rounder. From yard maintainance, snow blowing, feeding bales, cutting and baling hay inclusive hauling for a short distance to clipping some grass and light brush along the fence.

It's all on flat land. The only inclines or hills we have are ditch banks and mule hills.

To get a bit more precise on the tasks in regards to handling bales.
I have access to approximately 40 acres in the immediate neighborhood to cut hay with a sickle mower and a JD 410 baler. There are reports on the net stating this baler can be run with a 40 hp tractor. I'm aware of the "headaches" that might come with it.
Running that baler might be the tougher part compared to handle it's bales. I still have to buy some bales which might weight around 1300-1500 lbs, depending on what's available.

Today I got in touch with the dealer. He has a NX 6610 sitting. I don't know any further specs yet.

What are your thoughts about it?
Since it has to be operational all year long, how good are the Kiotis starting in the cold, incl block heater? Can they handle -30 C?
How well can the hydrostat handle the heat in summer? Is the transmission going to cook when baling in the heat?

What is your experience?

Thanks for your input.

/ Nx series #2  
I can speak for the cold starting. The glow plug performance is fantastic. I've started my kioti in -10 degrees F (thats -23C) letting the plugs cycle as normal, she starts right up without hesitation. I don't have a block heater either. I have a dk45se hst, a predecessor to the NX.

So far I have been very impressed, year round, with grappling large timber, mowing 25 hilly acres with a 7ft rotary, and blowing with a rear mount 6.5ft snow blower.

perhaps others can give you better details on running that baler with the NX specifically.