NX Fuel line issue

/ NX Fuel line issue #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
So I noticed a spot under my tractor this afternoon. Checking the spot it was fuel. Spot was right under fuel tank. Tracing the fuel I found it was coming from the top of the fuel tank where the fuel line is connected to the tank. I had put 5 gallons of fuel into tank a bit earlier. This probably got the tank to about 95% full. My tractor sits in the garage all the time and have never had a leak. Right now it's sitting on the driveway and no leak. I'm guessing/wondering if this leak was occurring during filling. Any thoughts as to what is going on? I believe this has happened before as I have noticed moisture on the outside of the tank. Thanks

-Craig

/ NX Fuel line issue #2  
Is it 95% based on what your fuel gauge is showing, or is that just a personal guess?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering whether there's an overflow and you're getting fuel out of it. Although diesel doesn't expand like gasoline does it still expands a bit; and with warm weather this is going to be more possible. I know that my B7800 has managed to overflow some fuel recently- filled very full and it's been very warm. These tanks, BLACK, are nice and exposed (unlike older tractors which tended to have their tanks shielded by metal. And if you bounce/smack around a lot like I do then maybe that's causing it to slop out a bit of fuel.

/ NX Fuel line issue
So dealer was out today looking at this issue. After cleaning the tank good and then running for a few hours I noticed there were fuel stains/residue around where the fuel sender unit (fuel gauge) goes into the tank. A closer looks and it appears the screws that hold the sender unit to the tank had caused the plastic to crack where screws attached. He is going to reach out to Kioti and get it replaced under warranty.

-Craig

/ NX Fuel line issue #4  
Had the sAme issue about 2 months ago, dealer replace the tank and sending unit. Looked as if it had been over tightened.

/ NX Fuel line issue #5  
So dealer was out today looking at this issue. After cleaning the tank good and then running for a few hours I noticed there were fuel stains/residue around where the fuel sender unit (fuel gauge) goes into the tank. A closer looks and it appears the screws that hold the sender unit to the tank had caused the plastic to crack where screws attached. He is going to reach out to Kioti and get it replaced under warranty.

-Craig

All of them are like that. If you're calling attention to the top of the sending unit, the fuel tank is not cracked, the cracks are function of the process of manufacturing. Cosmetic only and not a functional issue.