NX Cab and radiator heater

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #21  
Maybe I overlooked this in the previous reply's but why a block heater? I have the lower radiator hose heater and my cab and tractor fired up just fine even in Maine's -20 mornings. In fact, when plugged in, the tractor did not even go through the glow plug cycle. I am no expert but why go through all that work when an inline heater can do the job. Feel free to cut me off at the knees now...lol

/ NX Cab and radiator heater
I was thinking the same as you but when Kioti jumped on board by selling them through their dealers I went ahead and bought one. I will say it really is no big deal installing one and on the NX is a clear shot putting it in and potentially could be easier than the hose heater for that reason (hoses can be short, bend..etc). The advantage to the block heater is the warmth is directly heating the block and cylinder antifreeze so the engine will definately get to temperature quicker than the radiator option (I'm guessing). Better? Maybe, maybe not. At least all those block heater heads out their can't bitc, er gripe at me for not listening...so there..lol

/ NX Cab and radiator heater #23  
News to me cause my CK 30 has a factory or dealer installed block heater that came when I purchased it in 2013. I have not used it yet and the tractor starts good at -30 no problems.

/ NX Cab and radiator heater
Thought I would waste everyone's time a little by resurrecting my old post. I decided I didn't want to run my block heater all the time but also didn't want to go plug it in if it's needed and cold outside so I put together a system to turn it on wireless. I used a weatherproof box and added an internal wireless switch. The LED light plugs into the box along with the block heater. So I can leave the tractor plugged in and can turn the block heater on (or off) via a wireless remote from the house. When it's on the light comes on.
Not a big deal but handy so thought I would share.

2016-11-22 23.04.12.jpg

2016-11-22 23.23.40.jpg

Attachments

• 20161121_162124.jpg
    20161121_162124.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 125
Last edited:
   / NX Cab and radiator heater #25  
Looks like it works good. Which freeze plug location did you install the heater in, I will be installing mine in a few days.