NX 6010 21 Month Report

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #1  

cutthroat

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti RX7320PSC
So seeing how Spring is about to start and thus mowing, getting tractor ready. I also wanted to provide a update on my issues and resolution with my tractor. Overall I am VERY happy with my Kioti, because of my Dealer. I had no prior experience with my dealer but I lucked into a good one (Rosebud in Linn, Mo). Tractor has 120 hours.

Issues & Resolutions & my feeling of severity

Cracked interior wheel well panel - dealer replaced under warranty - minor/cosmetic
Cracked fuel tank at where the sensor comes in was causing fuel to leak - dealer replaced under warranty - decent
Engine losing power under load - dealer replaced ALL fuel injectors under warranty - critical
Headliner had water damage - dealer replaced under warranty - minor/cosmetic
cracked steering wheel - dealer getting replaced under warranty - minor/cosmetic
left rear 3pt lift cylinder leaking - dealer getting replaced under warranty - decent (staining my nice garage floor)
green quick connect on loader hoses leaking - dealer getting replaced under warranty - decent (again, staining my floor)

I also have been part of two recalls
ECU reprogrammed and SSQA had a recall. There was nothing done to the SSQA as no issue was found.

I provide this information not to *****, but to just provide information to existing and potential buyers of the NX Series as what I have experienced. Being my first tractor, I have no gauge of the quantity and type of problems as to how this compares to other manufactures. If I had bought this tractor used and had no warranty, the only issue I would have addressed is the fuel injector issue. This caused the tractor to be unusable. Everything else I could have lived with.

The one thing I would have done differently is not parked my tractor outside the first 9 months I had it. I couldn't keep mice out of the tractor. I heard some wiring harnesses are now being made with soy. I read where some cars are having issues with mice eating the wiring harness. Not sure if Kioti is or not.

-Craig

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #2  
I am considering purchasing a NX4510. The info is nice to know.

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #3  
So seeing how Spring is about to start and thus mowing, getting tractor ready. I also wanted to provide a update on my issues and resolution with my tractor. Overall I am VERY happy with my Kioti, because of my Dealer. I had no prior experience with my dealer but I lucked into a good one (Rosebud in Linn, Mo). Tractor has 120 hours.

Cracked interior wheel well panel - dealer replaced under warranty - minor/cosmetic
Cracked fuel tank at where the sensor comes in was causing fuel to leak - dealer replaced under warranty - decent
Engine losing power under load - dealer replaced ALL fuel injectors under warranty - critical
cracked steering wheel - dealer getting replaced under warranty - minor/cosmetic
left rear 3pt lift cylinder leaking - dealer getting replaced under warranty - decent (staining my nice garage floor)
green quick connect on loader hoses leaking - dealer getting replaced under warranty - decent (again, staining my floor)

ECU reprogrammed and SSQA had a recall. There was nothing done to the SSQA as no issue was found.

I provide this information not to *****, but to just provide information to existing and potential buyers of the NX Series as what I have experienced. Being my first tractor, I have no gauge of the quantity and type of problems as to how this compares to other manufactures. If I had bought this tractor used and had no warranty, the only issue I would have addressed is the fuel injector issue. This caused the tractor to be unusable. Everything else I could have lived with.

The one thing I would have done differently is not parked my tractor outside the first 9 months I had it. I couldn't keep mice out of the tractor. I heard some wiring harnesses are now being made with soy. I read where some cars are having issues with mice eating the wiring harness. Not sure if Kioti is or not.

-Craig

Sorry to hear that you have had all these issues, but glad to hear that they fixed them for you.

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #4  
I am considering purchasing a NX4510. The info is nice to know.

My NX4510 HST up until a few days ago has been trouble free except for a hose I found that was being rubbed through by the right side foot step. Unless I wanted to bring it in for replacement, which meant a 60 mile round trip with a trailer that I do not own, I'll replace it myself when the time comes. Until then I gave the hose some slack by re-posting it on the loader valve and gooping up the slice in the rubber. Yesterday I started my tractor in 10 degree weather. It was smoking blue really bad until I revved it up until it cleared. Not sure what is going on with it. It has been fine all Winter with no issues. I'll make another post about this issue.

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #5  
I'm kind of documenting my adventures with my NX5510HC here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/369313-my-nx5510h.html

I'm at 52 hrs now. All issues were basically new shakedown ones. Other than when I ran into problems with fuel (not the tractor's issue) nothing has kept me from using this tractor. The biggies were: 1) Crooked loader- dealer replaced (manufacturing defect); and, 2) Leaking cab- this one took two shots at correcting, and while I'm not tickled with the dealer using RTV to seal things up (will be a mess if/when accessing anything up there in the future), it got taken care of (and it's very nice to be in a dry cab!).

Early on I was having doubts about this purchase (it's a big outlay), but now that everything is settled down I'm feeling pretty good about it. I've done a lot of loader work and doing a lot of towing (dump trailer). Have yet to hook anything to the PTO: when things start to dry out I'll be doing a lot of brush and grass cutting.

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #6  
I'm kind of documenting my adventures with my NX5510HC here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kioti-buying-pricing/369313-my-nx5510h.html

I'm at 52 hrs now. All issues were basically new shakedown ones. Other than when I ran into problems with fuel (not the tractor's issue) nothing has kept me from using this tractor. The biggies were: 1) Crooked loader- dealer replaced (manufacturing defect); and, 2) Leaking cab- this one took two shots at correcting, and while I'm not tickled with the dealer using RTV to seal things up (will be a mess if/when accessing anything up there in the future), it got taken care of (and it's very nice to be in a dry cab!).

Early on I was having doubts about this purchase (it's a big outlay), but now that everything is settled down I'm feeling pretty good about it. I've done a lot of loader work and doing a lot of towing (dump trailer). Have yet to hook anything to the PTO: when things start to dry out I'll be doing a lot of brush and grass cutting.

The cab is an add-on and from what I read others have had issues with them not being tight, leaking and a few other complaints. As for brush cutting and grass cutting. You won't even know that you are doing it with that machine. My NX4510 mows like it doesn't have the 7 foot deck on the back. My brush hog is a 6 footer and that is a breeze to use also.

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #7  
Jim, thanks for the input/feedback. I picked up a BH46: it has an extra 1/4" of steel plating welded on the top of the deck (also has new blades), set to do heavy battle! My B7800 did an admiral job with a 5' brush hog, but I could bog it down: and when doing some mowing for the neighbor I ran into some really nasty stuff, horrendously thick; had to slow down to a crawl. With the NX I've pulled some tree trunks down (they were cut and hung up a bit) and there wasn't any sense that anything had happened as the weight and power didn't flinch in the slightest- pretty awesome! And I've been pulling a 3k lb dump trailer with loads of material, perhaps close to 10k lbs (or more) in total, and while I can feel it the NX grunts and does the job. I've had to do some backing with that trailer, full, OVER stuff that I'd already dumped, and this thing does it!

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #8  

-Craig

What was the ECU reprogram issue pertaining to? Did you have any reportable symptoms?
And as far as your floors, try cardboard under the leaks in future.
As a general rule ALL tractors should have a through go round on every reachable bolt to re-tighten to torque spec, especially ALL wheel lugs. AND ALL loader bolts/nuts, and it's associated frame bolts for sure. I seem to recall it being covered in my owner's manual. Some loader frame bolts were shorter than they should have been and did not therefore go far enough into the loader frame structure. This can/did cause some damage when the owner's did not keep an eye on the bolts tightness. This may not be an issue on your series of tractor, but it is nonetheless a good idea to make sure critical bolts that undergo high torque and tension in their use are kept tight.
Headliner leaks on tractor cabs, and tractor cab leaks in general don't seem to be out of the ordinary. And thought the cab is an option on certain models it is not an aftermarket cab, it is OEM, for those who don't know. Warranty is for exactly the purposes you detailed; fixing things not quite right from the factory, and for making updates etc. to things like the ECU, as needed, in the field after production.

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #9  
Jim, thanks for the input/feedback. I picked up a BH46: it has an extra 1/4" of steel plating welded on the top of the deck (also has new blades), set to do heavy battle! My B7800 did an admiral job with a 5' brush hog, but I could bog it down: and when doing some mowing for the neighbor I ran into some really nasty stuff, horrendously thick; had to slow down to a crawl. With the NX I've pulled some tree trunks down (they were cut and hung up a bit) and there wasn't any sense that anything had happened as the weight and power didn't flinch in the slightest- pretty awesome! And I've been pulling a 3k lb dump trailer with loads of material, perhaps close to 10k lbs (or more) in total, and while I can feel it the NX grunts and does the job. I've had to do some backing with that trailer, full, OVER stuff that I'd already dumped, and this thing does it!

I guess that extra 15 horsepower really does the trick. I had to settle for the 45 HP as it is the perfect size for my needs compared to the Cub 7275 27HP that I had. One thing I noticed between mine and my old tractor is that I needed to make more room on my wood roads for turning and cut down more overhead brush. All in all it is a great machine.

/ NX 6010 21 Month Report #10  
Jim, you're only rated at 10 more hp. Really no difference (unless you're doing ground-engaging work). Not sure the frame size of that Cub, but my B7800 feels like it's a running shoe on my foot compared to the NX, which feels like a big overcoat:D

I'd been doing a lot of grading work around my new garage. I managed to ding the garage with the B7800! I've run the NX around it too, but, thankfully, I haven't encountered any collisions- I run really slow if I'm very close. The B7800 is insanely nimble, I've done stuff with it that one really cannot do with any other tractor (size and power don't exist in any other tractor that I know of- some come close, but really nothing is a match, other than another B-series tractor [but there's power differences]).

Interesting about the notion of nimbleness. The brochure showed some iffy numbers for turning radius. I was comparing to an MX5200 at the time and the Kioti specs were WAY inferior. Dealer looked at me and said Kioti doesn't mess up with their literature (ha ha!). Good folks here in the forums actually measured the turning radius for me and it confirmed the suspicions that Kioti's specs were wrong. In the end the numbers weren't significantly different enough to turn me away from the Kioti. I have a lot of tight spots around me, places that you can quickly go to stuck unless you can navigate with some agility; a fair amount of trees that I have to mow around. Anyway, the NX is pretty decent for nimbleness; no, it's nowhere near like my B7800 (which I can literally spin around trees flailing the brush hog behind me:D), but with a little extra thought one can navigate it pretty well.