NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender

/ NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #1  

TFisadog

Tractor
New Holland TC33D Kioti NX 4510
I am new to the forum although I received advice from here for many years. I have a new Kioti NX4510 It is suppose to be the newest model with upgraded seat and fuel tank protector housing and things I haven't discovered yet. On the Right rear fender there is a plastic housing for two square light switches and wiring in a box behind it. The left fender has the indents in the same location but not the plastic cover or wires. Does anyone know what these are to be used for. I am thinking I could mount light switches for working lights but I would rather have the switch within reach of the seat for that. Thank You in Advance for any help here.

Attachments

• Left Tail (Medium).jpg
    Left Tail (Medium).jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Right Tail (Medium).jpg
    Right Tail (Medium).jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 200
   / NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #2  
I am new to the forum although I received advice from here for many years. I have a new Kioti NX4510 It is suppose to be the newest model with upgraded seat and fuel tank protector housing and things I haven't discovered yet. On the Right rear fender there is a plastic housing for two square light switches and wiring in a box behind it. The left fender has the indents in the same location but not the plastic cover or wires. Does anyone know what these are to be used for. I am thinking I could mount light switches for working lights but I would rather have the switch within reach of the seat for that. Thank You in Advance for any help here.

My NX5010 Cab has the rear lights mounted above the fender, but it has the same rectangular knockouts as your photo shows. There is no box or wiring behind / under the fender. I have also wondered what option these might be for.

/ NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #3  
A long shot by a complete amateur, but could these be blanks for a hitch assist option like they have on the John Deere 4R series tractors?

Adjustments.jpg

/ NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #4  
A long shot by a complete amateur, but could these be blanks for a hitch assist option like they have on the John Deere 4R series tractors?

View attachment 631909

I agree with arcadelt.

Your tractor's 'fitted for but not with' this option. A good one to have, though.

/ NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #5  
Or a rear remote for the lift arms and PTO,
most of ours are on the left side though or both.

/ NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #6  
Or a rear remote for the lift arms and PTO,
most of ours are on the left side though or both.

For the cab version of the NX (at least my 5010C), there is a mechanical rear remote lift arm lever that is connected to the in cab lever. It still has the two knockouts on the right fender per the OP's photo. I guess rear PTO is a possibility, although the PTO knob in cab (big yellow twist and press style) is large enough to cover both knockouts.

/ NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #7  
I've been told by a few dealers that they haven't received good explanations of this plate either. Long story short is that no one from the dealer level down knows, including European and Asian kioti/daedong. Perhaps during manufacturing they had hopes of doing something similar to what is mentioned above, but late in the game, it never came together.

But that plate does present you with some useful factory looking modification options.

/ NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #8  
I installed two waterproof switches I bought online. I had to make a new mount plate (black acrylic from Amazon) because I couldn't find anything to fit the existing holes that WERE waterproof.

I have installed two light pods below (I don't have a pic of those, but will try to add tonight) that run from one of the switches to ease hook up of attachments. The upper floods on cab don't illuminate this area much-they do more out behind the tractor.

The other switch doesn't have a function..... yet.

IMG_20181103_191524664.jpg IMG_20181104_145610359.jpg IMG_20181104_145640887_HDR.jpg

Link for the switches... NTE Electronics 54-231W Waterproof Miniature Illuminated Rocker Switch, SPST Circuit, ON-None-Off Action, PC Red Led Actuator, .25" Quick Connect Terminal, 21 Amp, 14 VDC: Wall Light Switches: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Lights that I surface mounted- I only used two, so I have two spares if they fail later. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/alpena-led-toughpods-led-rock-crawling-off-road-utility-and-accent-light-71016/11381854-P?searchTerm=tough%20pods

Last edited:
   / NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #9  
I installed two waterproof switches I bought online. I had to make a new mount plate (black acrylic from Amazon) because I couldn't find anything to fit the existing holes that WERE waterproof.

I have installed two light pods below (I don't have a pic of those, but will try to add tonight) that run from one of the switches to ease hook up of attachments. The upper floods on cab don't illuminate this area much-they do more out behind the tractor.

The other switch doesn't have a function..... yet.

View attachment 632033 View attachment 632034 View attachment 632035

Link for the switches... NTE Electronics 54-231W Waterproof Miniature Illuminated Rocker Switch, SPST Circuit, ON-None-Off Action, PC Red Led Actuator, .25" Quick Connect Terminal, 21 Amp, 14 VDC: Wall Light Switches: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

Lights that I surface mounted- I only used two, so I have two spares if they fail later. https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/alpena-led-toughpods-led-rock-crawling-off-road-utility-and-accent-light-71016/11381854-P?searchTerm=tough%20pods

Good look to that mod! I may pick some of those up for a future project - thanks. :drink:

/ NX 4510 New switch on Right Rear Fender #10  
Believe someone on the forum asked this same question in the past, and determined the switches were used in the European market for some safety device or whatnot. It'd be nice to have a "slow back" or "slow forward" button to control the HST when hooking up implements. If anyone figures that out.....please shout!