Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off...

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #81  
It has been years since I have set foot in California. I used to love going to the northern part and crazy as it was, the valley to load produce bound for NYC. Watching the foolishness of the last several years, can someone tell me what is the reason they want to live there again? Banning tools the homeowners need to control the urban interface of the forests is a crazy move. Who's in charge there?

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #82  
Read the fine print (and between the lines). When our lawmakers pass poorly-crafted or poorly-thought-out regulations, those regulations often come back to bite them. So as not to lose face with the vocal, often minority, agitators the initial rules were to satisfy, the lawmakers pass exceptions, usually buried in small print or unpublicized amendments.

Note that the by-law applies only to internal combustion leaf blowers and string trimmers. Chances are ultrarunner's handlebar trimmer can be fit with a brush-cutting or saw blade and likely was marketed as a "brush trimmer", "brush cutter", or "clearing saw" as opposed to a "string trimmer". Gyro Gearloose Gadfly might even come up with a coal or wood or brush-fired boiler, steam turbine-driven (i.e. external combustion) device that would be more noxious than than those the by-law bans.
My 80V string trimmer works better than my old gas string trimmers and it pollutes a fraction of a 2 cycle. Exhaust into the air isn't free. People are dying from air pollution and climate change. The more 2 cycle devices we upgrade to electric, the better off we'll all be. Exceptions are fine where they make sense. This is doable with less pain than one might think. Whining about it is just spitting into the wind.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #83  
The Oakland City Councel and ungifted Mayor are cherry picking against these engines for there own liberal agenda to get something, anything green passed. What's next, your car tractor or truck will have to go you get to foot that bill along with your tax dollars footing the bill to outfit the city's conversion. I know this wasent ment to be a political topic but don't be fooled it is all political.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #84  
Nope! :ROFLMAO: I'm actually working from home watching my daughter, trying to save up for her college fund and pay off my overpriced house. No beach for me today.
Don't forget to save up for potential wedding, too. Our youngest is getting married in May. Tuns out a small ceremony with 12 people is darn near as expensive as a large party. Church, dress, flowers, photographer, hotels for wedding party, etc... are all the same price regardless of size of the guest list. Only additional expenses would be more food and beverages.

Between the wedding, we need 2 newer cars, and a cat that keeps swallowing things and needing surgery, I've just been resigned to accepting this is a year where it seems like I don't get paid enough. :ROFLMAO:

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #85  
Nope! :ROFLMAO: I'm actually working from home watching my daughter, trying to save up for her college fund and pay off my overpriced house. No beach for me today.
Texas houses are reportedly a LOT less expensive, and are all sold complete with additional personal freedoms.

Last edited:
   / Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #86  
Thinking tomorrow will be the same as yesterday is a common mistake we often make today. Fighting City Hall may not increase longevity. :)

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #87  
I'm not for any laws like that but have to say I recently ditched the 2-stroke whacker for an EGO 56volt electric string trimmer and am kicking myself for not doing it sooner. I have about 1000' of fence and house perimeter and can easily do it in 45 minutes which is all the battery will last before it needs a charge. No more premixing or starting worries, just plug and play. It also has a ton more cutting power.

It may not be ideal for someone to use for hours at a time but for the causal homeowner it's the way to go.

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #88  

Since 1980 I've been doing hillside fire suppression with handlebar trimmers...

The terrain is rugged and taxing covering many acres...

Now illegal to use gas powered trimmers and herbicide is also problematic as root structure is to remain providing soil stabilization...

It's just nuts...
If possible, use goats. I

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #89  
If I go to town meetings I can vote. My voice is heard.
If only some people vote than the laws reflect the people that got involved.
Sometimes I applaud rules that limit pollution, but unaffected ppl will go too far

/ Now it's a crime to use gas trimmers in my California city just as fire season kicks off... #90  
If I go to town meetings I can vote. My voice is heard.
If only some people vote than the laws reflect the people that got involved.
Sometimes I applaud rules that limit pollution, but unaffected ppl will go too far
Town meetings are held only in New England states.

Status
Not open for further replies.