Now I know what GC2300 users felt like when I signed on here after buying my GC2410..

/ Now I know what GC2300 users felt like when I signed on here after buying my GC2410.. #1  

cdaigle430

Veteran Member
Tractor
MF GC2410
Left out now that the 1700 series are out :)

/ Now I know what GC2300 users felt like when I signed on here after buying my GC2410.. #2  
Left out now that the 1700 series are out :)
As a GC17010TLB owner, I now know how GC2410 owners felt when they released the GC1725MB's

/ Now I know what GC2300 users felt like when I signed on here after buying my GC2410.. #3  
Honestly, after much research, I am satisfied with the 2410 for the price and the feature-set I got used just 6 months ago. Things like bolt-on backhoe bucket teeth and a body-mounted FEL joystick are not enough to produce envy. Both the FEL and BH seem less robust on the newer models. I see that there is an OEM mechanical thumb for the CB65, and I would go for that if I could, but I will just have the fun of designing and fabricating one for the CB05 instead. The BroTek (or any bolt-on with the big bracket) is too cumbersome.

/ Now I know what GC2300 users felt like when I signed on here after buying my GC2410.. #4  
Honestly, after much research, I am satisfied with the 2410 for the price and the feature-set I got used just 6 months ago. Things like bolt-on backhoe bucket teeth and a body-mounted FEL joystick are not enough to produce envy. Both the FEL and BH seem less robust on the newer models. I see that there is an OEM mechanical thumb for the CB65, and I would go for that if I could, but I will just have the fun of designing and fabricating one for the CB05 instead. The BroTek (or any bolt-on with the big bracket) is too cumbersome.
BXpanded makes a clamp on one you could look at as well I believe

/ Now I know what GC2300 users felt like when I signed on here after buying my GC2410.. #5  
BXpanded makes a clamp on one you could look at as well I believe

THe BXpanded one is only for the CB65. It has the bolt on hole in the boom/dipper knuckle which accommodates the MF and Bxpanded thumbs. The other one from them is also saddled with a large clamp-on bracket and only listed for use with the newer CB65.

I want that low OEM profile and am willing to weld on the mounts, which I will have to design and fabricate. I'm pretty sure the steel, even with the plasma-CNC table cut time will still be under $200.

/ Now I know what GC2300 users felt like when I signed on here after buying my GC2410.. #6  
THe BXpanded one is only for the CB65. It has the bolt on hole in the boom/dipper knuckle which accommodates the MF and Bxpanded thumbs. The other one from them is also saddled with a large clamp-on bracket and only listed for use with the newer CB65.

I want that low OEM profile and am willing to weld on the mounts, which I will have to design and fabricate. I'm pretty sure the steel, even with the plasma-CNC table cut time will still be under $200.
If you have the means to fabricate it then yes, it should be cheaper