Nothing Runs Like a Deere...

/ Nothing Runs Like a Deere... #11  

Several factors contributed to IH's demise. Ultimately I feel that Mr. Peanut F'ing the American farm industry in the A contributed to the ultimate collapse the Americans tractor industry more than anything else. JD is pretty much the only U.S. tractor manufacturer to survive. Other than IH Allis Chalmers got bought, so did White, Ford eventually sold off their tractor division. Tenneco bought Case and IH and merged them, but they're now under Fiat's ownership along with Ford.... I mean New Holland, and Chrysler. White owned, and folded Oliver, and Minneapolis-Moline in 75. (pre-Mr. Peanut) Massey Ferguson is owned by AGCO (which is kind of Allis Chalmers, under a new name) but Massey Harris (a Canadian company) merged with the Ferguson Company (a British company) in the 50's or early 60's, and was kind of a Canadian company until the mid-90's when AGCO bought them. IDK, the chits confusing, but whatever the case, the U.S. tractor industry went to poop in the 70's/80's. It's ashame as we did it better than that BS they made in the combloc countries, or anywhere else at the time. Not that Combloc tractors were unreliable, but they were uckin fugly, and they did little to stir the soul, and make you want to get out and sweet your balls off in the heat because you like tractors... Plus they were fugly. God I used to hate Longs.

I will say this comparing old Deere's to IH, the old Deere I6 engines needed noticeably larger displacement to achieve the same power as IH was making. We're talking mid-6L's vs over 8L engines. I always understood the Deere's to have more robust components, but IDK, it's not like the IH farmers I knew were breaking axles right and left or anything, or at least not as far as I knew. Both old Deere and IH I6's sound amazing, especially with some good old fashion rain flap flutter thrown into the mix.
DT-466 bay-bee…..DT-466.
One of the best diesel engines ever made.

Once IH & Case got married, Case finally had the cab they always desperately needed, but IH was flushed down the toilet. :(

I’d run this thing today
1714526475597.jpeg