Not the easiest tractor to get information on.

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on. #1  

OzarkCajun

Tractor
Shopping
Hello folks! This is my first post, other than my intro post, and I hope my words won't seem as griping about a tractor manufacturer/dealer network that is a true, square shooting company. But, I have spent a good bit of time during the last few weeks contacting listed McCormick dealers in several states to find out more about the CT series tractors. The nearest dealer(in south LA), having none on site, seemed reluctant to say if he would be recieiving any more in the future. One dealer, who has posted in this forum, was very helpful and indicated that he had some CTs in stock. Several more distant dealers had no CTs and suggested other lines that they carried. One dealer each in AR. and MO. stated that McCormick was no longer providing compact tractors.
These tractors seem to offer a lot for the potential owner, but as someone who is considering their first tractor purchase, I agree with the advice often given here on TBN that is may be more important to buy a brand that a dealer/service center located near the owner offers parts, service, or is familiar with.
I am aware of the claims by some that LS Corp., who I believe makes the CTs for McCormick (and other tractors for other brands) may be marketing these tractors under their own name/dealerships. I have called McCormick's HQ several times and have put put on hold each time, waiting for a customer service rep. No one has ever picked up the line. I have just written an email to the company and will post their reply as to their intentions to market and support the CT series tractors beyond 2010.
Anyway, I do truly appreciate a forum such as TBN that offers so much info for those researching or discussing things related to their interests as they relate to the huge world of tractors.

OzarkCajun

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on. #2  
LS is indeed the maker and now a direct seller of these tractors. If you have an LS dealer nearer to you, you could certainly check them out.

Unless I missed it, you didn't give your location. That would be helpful in case someone near you might have local knowledge to help point you in the right direction.

Many former Montana dealers, in these parts, are quickly stocking LS, as LS was also the OEM of many Montana models as well.

New Holland has also begun selling a few re-badged LS tractors lines.

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on.
Hi BP,

I did mention, in my original post, that the nearest dealer to myself was in southern LA(Louisiana). To be more specific, I currently live in Baton Rouge, LA. I have recently purchased a home and 15 acres of mostly pasture/groomed land near Gainesville, Missouri. My hope is to relocate to the Ozarks by this time next year. Any machine that I ultimately purchase will have some level of dealer support near my new MO home. I will most likely purchase something near Gainesville/West Plains Missouri.
BP, I have just received a call from Kurt Schenck of McCormick USA. He was replying to my email request for information about the company's plans to market and support the CT series tractors. Here's what Kurt had to say.........

McCormick has not renewed the contract with LS to have them produce a compact tractor for 2011. They(McC)will continue to support the CT series owners with support and parts. Kurt stated that the company does have a new manufacturer for a compact tractor series, but was not at liberty to discuss the particulars of the new contract as the dealers have not been informed of the details as of yet. McC has scheduled a conference in Jan. 2011 to introduce the new tractors to their dealer network.
Kurt seemed quite forthcoming and sincere about the company's plans to remain a viable marketer of agriculture equipment and tractors. I will continue to consider McCormick as one of the possible suppliers to my future tractor needs, as well as JD, Mahindra, Massey F, Kioti, and the LS derivatives. I hope, as well, that my efforts to learn more about McCormick's future plans may prove helpful to someone else on TBN, should they be wondering what is to happen to the CT series tractors.

OzarkCajun

Last edited:
   / Not the easiest tractor to get information on. #4  
Hey Ozark,

I'm glad to see that you was able to get some answers to your questions.

As it becomes more questionable for the future of the McCormick-LS line, it is understandable that the parts support for such units still has a long term future with McCormick and it's dealer network.

McCormick still has some really good program deals going on with the full tractor line up. They just brought back their discounted frontend loader program on the CT series and they still have a discounted frontend loader program on the CTJ's and the CTU series. Moreover, McCormick still has a great loader program on their ag tractor line up.

They also have some great low rate financing, OR cash discounts and low rate financing. Right now McCormick has some of the best financing rates going on I've see yet.

0% for 60 months, 1.90% for 72 month, and 2.90% for 84 months,
OR
Cash discounts and 3.95% up to 84 months,
OR
Discounted Frontend loaders and 3.95% up to 84 months.

There is one thing for certain in this industry is that tractor brands do make changes to tractor models and sometimes even tractor manufactures.

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on. #5  
Ozarkcajun: if you want a red LS tractor just buy from an LS dealer and then paint it RED. You may even get more standard equipment with the LS than you would with McCormick or New Holland or Case or Mahindra all of which us LS as their manufacturer. There are lots more LS dealers now than McCormick.

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on. #6  
Ozarkcajun: if you want a red LS tractor just buy from an LS dealer and then paint it RED. You may even get more standard equipment with the LS than you would with McCormick or New Holland or Case or Mahindra all of which us LS as their manufacturer. There are lots more LS dealers now than McCormick.

:laughing:

I know of 2 MS dealers that "tried" to be dealers for the LS tractors. One dealer had the line for only 2 months and the other dealer had them for only 3 months. Both different dealers drop them in a vary short term. One of the dealers actually took on the LS tractors because he was a Farmtrac dealer.

I guess they got a good dealer prespective on the LS company. I guess they learned the hard way. When I checked on taking the LS line before McCormick, the LS company would not even put all there information on the table to the dealers for veiwing until the dealer made an order. They acted relentless about showing any information about the real LS warranties and other information that a proposed dealer would want to know and see before making a legal order. ....I guess that is why I'm not an LS dealer. Besides, I knew who always offered the better sales programs.

A good tractor is only as good as the company that brings it to market. I guess for those customers that pay cash when they buy a new tractor the sales programs don't matter.

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on.
Well now, I have certainly learned a good deal more about these CT series McCormick CUTs since I began this thread. Thanks to everyone who posted replies with their veiws on these machines. I have had the opportunity to view several of these tractors at a couple of dealers. Overall, I believe the CTs present a pretty good value and offer a lot of standard "extras". However, each machine suffered from faded paint (from slightly faded to almost white) on the hoods, oxidized plastic for the dash/gauge clusters, and some rust on parts that I haven't seen on other CUTs. Perhaps all of the machines that I viewed have been exposed to the weather for much longer periods of time than some other tractors that I have looked at. In any case, I believe that I will wait to see what McCormick has to offer in the near future to those considering a CUT purchase.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was very impressed to have received a phone call from McCormick after I wrote an email inquiring about their plans to market a CUT in 2011. Imagine my surprise today to hear a knock on my door and find a UPS package from McCormick at my step. Inside the box was a letter from a sales/marketing rep thanking me for my recent inquiry and detailing McCs plans for a complete CUT line next year. PLUS.......the real surprise was a brand new McCormick hat!!! If this kind of attention is given to actual purchasers of their products, then McC should have a lot of happy owners out there.

OzarkCajun

O tractors owned; 1 snazzy as heck new HAT in my possession!

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on. #8  
Well now, I have certainly learned a good deal more about these CT series McCormick CUTs since I began this thread. Thanks to everyone who posted replies with their veiws on these machines. I have had the opportunity to view several of these tractors at a couple of dealers. Overall, I believe the CTs present a pretty good value and offer a lot of standard "extras". However, each machine suffered from faded paint (from slightly faded to almost white) on the hoods, oxidized plastic for the dash/gauge clusters, and some rust on parts that I haven't seen on other CUTs. Perhaps all of the machines that I viewed have been exposed to the weather for much longer periods of time than some other tractors that I have looked at. In any case, I believe that I will wait to see what McCormick has to offer in the near future to those considering a CUT purchase.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was very impressed to have received a phone call from McCormick after I wrote an email inquiring about their plans to market a CUT in 2011. Imagine my surprise today to hear a knock on my door and find a UPS package from McCormick at my step. Inside the box was a letter from a sales/marketing rep thanking me for my recent inquiry and detailing McCs plans for a complete CUT line next year. PLUS.......the real surprise was a brand new McCormick hat!!! If this kind of attention is given to actual purchasers of their products, then McC should have a lot of happy owners out there.

OzarkCajun

O tractors owned; 1 snazzy as heck new HAT in my possession!

So did McCormick bring out their new CUT line of tractors yet?

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on. #9  
We have been an LS dealer for about a year and a half and have found them to be great to deal with so far, easy to sell too do to agressive pricing. No problems with the tractors, but we knew they were good when we had them with Farmtrac on the hood. They have the most up front, straight forward dealer programs I have encountered. Can't comment on warranty as we have not filed any claims yet. Of course we like the KIOTI tractor too. What I like about both companies is that they make thier own product. I expect it creates some problems for dealers when the brand they sell changes manufactures, new parts to stock, new training, etc. I do think McCormick dealers will like their new compact tractors.

/ Not the easiest tractor to get information on. #10  
We have been an LS dealer for about a year and a half and have found them to be great to deal with so far, easy to sell too do to agressive pricing. No problems with the tractors, but we knew they were good when we had them with Farmtrac on the hood. They have the most up front, straight forward dealer programs I have encountered. Can't comment on warranty as we have not filed any claims yet. Of course we like the KIOTI tractor too. What I like about both companies is that they make thier own product. I expect it creates some problems for dealers when the brand they sell changes manufactures, new parts to stock, new training, etc. I do think McCormick dealers will like their new compact tractors.[/QUOTE]

I agree they make a nice tractor. There are not many in my area yet. There are a few McCormick dealers around Indiana. Do you know who will be building their new CUT?