Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following

/ Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following #1  

tstex

Gold Member
Tractor
1997 Kubota M5400S
Hello to all,

I used to receive email notices on threads that I started or ones that I responded to, as I did for yrs. Now, I do not receive any thread/email alerts, yet I receive the email notice on Tractor-by-Net Trending Posts.

Has anyone else figured out how to reinstate the email notifications from threads you are following if for some reason you stopped receiving them too? I cleared out my cookies in web-browser as recommended, but that did help. Is there something in my settings or other I need to check?

Can someone pls let know what I have to do to fix this? I would really appreciate your help and feedback.

Thank you,
tstex

/ Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following #2  
See it this works:
Go up to Your Account by clicking on your forum name at the upper right hand side of the top banner.
That will bring up two rows of choices. Choose "Settings"
Go to the "Email options" and the "Content Options" and make sure they are all checked.

/ Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following
Thanks Scotty. Pls see attachments and let me know what you think?

Attachments

• 490F0947-1FC4-4604-A07E-956E2982CAA7.jpeg
    490F0947-1FC4-4604-A07E-956E2982CAA7.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • 5CBDC2E1-D26E-4C8C-91B8-06C26489FE99.jpeg
    5CBDC2E1-D26E-4C8C-91B8-06C26489FE99.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • D2D78C29-4180-4DC4-A3CC-90FADB747E4C.jpeg
    D2D78C29-4180-4DC4-A3CC-90FADB747E4C.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
   / Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following #4  
Well, shucks...those attachments of yours do look just like mine. When I came in from the barn just now, I found the message below in my email. Obviously because I'd replied to you thread an hour earlier. I always get these notifications, but wouldn't have gotten another if someone else replied later. Not unless I had visited the thread again.

There is perhaps a hint in the last sentence below. Look where the message mentions an ability to "disable all emails". That might be a single "super command" that pre-empts the other preferences. In a quick glance I couldn't find it, but take a look.
rScotty

tstex replied to a thread you are watching at TractorByNet - Tractor Forum.

Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following

Thanks Scotty. Pls see attachments and let me know what you think?
Please do not reply to this message. You must visit the forum to reply.
This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following at TractorByNet - Tractor Forum with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

Hey Scotty,

You might be good luck bc I just received an email notice of your response. I hope by going into the preferences, unchecking them, then rechecking them, did the trick. I hope so and will keep you posted - thanks again !!!

/ Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following #6  
Glad you did. I was going to suggest that and didn't. But it occurs to me that if there is a "disable all emails" command, then unchecking and rechecking might reset that option. Maybe....
rScotty

Glad you did. I was going to suggest that and didn't. But it occurs to me that if there is a "disable all emails" command, then unchecking and rechecking might reset that option. Maybe....
rScotty
well, I received your first email notice/reply, but nothing after so far...

/ Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following #8  
well, I received your first email notice/reply, but nothing after so far...
Attention! Rod Serling, please contact TBN....

/ Not receiving email notifications for threads I am following #9  
Is your "My Home" working?
Screenshot 2024-02-07 17.58.52.png

I use that instead of email.

Last edited: