Not much info on BOOMER 55

/ Not much info on BOOMER 55 #1  

WVH1977

Platinum Member
Tractor
Massey 2860M Cab, New Holland TC40, Hitachi EX100, Gravely Pro-Turn 152
Just curious how many folks on here have a BOOMER 45,50,55? I have a few questions, if anyone on here has answers;

1. I know that it has been said that LS builds this tractor for New Holland but is the New Holland version more ergonomic, stronger loader, different frame, etc.?
2. Is the cab on a New Holland going to be a higher quality?
3. Even though LS builds the tractor, is it built to New Holland standards?
4. Back in the early to mid 2000's, New Holland compact tractors were more popular than today. My New Holland TC40 is Shibaura built not LS built. Is this a factor today?
5. I know around Virginia, several New Holland dealers have stopped carrying them. I know there is still one left in Orange county VA. Is New Holland just not as big in VA vs other states?

Overall, is this tractor on par with Kubota, John Deere, Kioti, Massey, etc.? Just wondering why the Boomer series is rarely discussed or brought up on here as a recommendation.

/ Not much info on BOOMER 55 #2  
I'll have to check my spreadsheet. I think the LS/NH/CIH models all had the same specs. That leads me to believe that other than paint and badging, they are the same.

Maybe they use a different seat or something?

/ Not much info on BOOMER 55 #3  
Bought a 2023 Boomer 55, we have several larger NH dealers here between 5 and more than 30 locations, I prefer cnh parts, service and financing.

The interior is identical, Grammar seat, however LS is a darker grey plastic, New Holland is a lighter grey, Case Farmall 45C 50C 55C has their tan interior.

Exterior LS has the rear electrical connector standard, CNH has that as an option. LS has the rear 3 point control lever, CNH doesn't offer this.

The loaders are totally different, LS loader lifts more but is much shorter.

I had the engine crank sensor fail in first 30 hours, New Holland was out the next am on site to fix it. This and financing is why I didn't use the independent LS dealer.

I have a 2011 LS R4041H as well, it's been mostly problem free, but no cab.

/ Not much info on BOOMER 55 #4  
I like the boomer line and own a boomer 45. when I purchased it, I found that the boomer had better comforts and nice to have's than the LS. Of all things, I noticed how heavy (robust) the steps and sway links were on the boomer over the LS. The LS branded unit just was to value engineered for me. The boomer was more of the Premium version, kind of like the difference between a GMC sierra and a Denali.

/ Not much info on BOOMER 55 #5  
I like the boomer line and own a boomer 45. when I purchased it, I found that the boomer had better comforts and nice to have's than the LS. Of all things, I noticed how heavy (robust) the steps and sway links were on the boomer over the LS. The LS branded unit just was to value engineered for me. The boomer was more of the Premium version, kind of like the difference between a GMC sierra and a Denali.
In your signature it says you have a Boomer 3045. Is that not the older Shibaura built Boomer?