Not just Ag, Ind or Turf

/ Not just Ag, Ind or Turf #1  

rd_macgregor

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti DK45SC, Kubota B2650
Standard tread designs we usually talk about here fall into the three categories in the subject line. There are some intriguing variations on the standards, though. As examples that I think might somewhat bridge the divide between industrial and agricultural tires are the Goodyear DT710 and the Versatorque see page 3 in http://www.titanstore.com/pdf/AvailPatterns.pdf).

Are any of the folks here using this kind of tread design on their CUT or SCUT?

/ Not just Ag, Ind or Turf #2  
That's an interesting tread design and as they stated, looks really good for traction coming and going. I like the Nokian tires as well, the ones that they use in Europe on the snowplow tractors. The downside of the Nokians is the soft rubber compounds necessary for grippage on ice would wear quickly in the summer heat and abrasion and I'd bet they're plenty pricey!

/ Not just Ag, Ind or Turf #3  
Looks like it don't offer any advantages over an r4

/ Not just Ag, Ind or Turf
I saw some tires on a tractor at a local NH dealer that looked kind of like ags with each tread rib split into two segments. I brought in my camera to take a pic yesterday only to find that tractor was gone from the lot. One of my major complaints about my R4s is that the treads aren't very deep compared to an R1. This means that they pack up with mud too easily. Now that my tractor is ten years old, with over 1200 hrs on the tires, this problem is exacerbated by accumulated tread wear.

/ Not just Ag, Ind or Turf #5  
Those Versatorque ones look like what used to come on some of the bi-directional NH machines.

As for the Nokian snow tires, I can say from experience, they are flat out amazing in the snow.
http://nokiantyres.studio.crasman.fi/pub/web/heavy-tyres/img/product_images/Nokian_TRI.png?c=heavy_tyreselector_product I've been running a Case 115 with them as a direct comparison to a Case 120 Maximum with conventional R1s on residential snow removal. The R1s would just sit and spin all 4 with a quick shift between F&R or R&F where with the Nokian, the tractor would hook up and go, often so much as to lift the front end when making a R>F shift.

/ Not just Ag, Ind or Turf #7  
I saw some tires on a tractor at a local NH dealer that looked kind of like ags with each tread rib split into two segments. I brought in my camera to take a pic yesterday only to find that tractor was gone from the lot. One of my major complaints about my R4s is that the treads aren't very deep compared to an R1. This means that they pack up with mud too easily. Now that my tractor is ten years old, with over 1200 hrs on the tires, this problem is exacerbated by accumulated tread wear.

I think I saw them on a new JD machine. Supposed to be a new to the market combo of an R1-4 for ag grip and ind. smooth ride.