NOT IMPRESSED!!!

/ NOT IMPRESSED!!! #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
I spent some time this afternoon at my local Branson dealer.

They have had the Branson line up for around 6 months and have only sold 1 tractor so far /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif.

I looked at a 4720 with a loader. The engine seconds as a insect fogger when fired up with a impressive cloud of smoke to kill anything with wings near by.

The foot throttle was located so my leg actually had to span over the gear shifter to reach it. I may be big and tall but this was not working for me.

The hood when closed would not latch.

I really had high expectations for this tractor, and was sad to see my dreams vanish - like the smoke eventually did.

Even with my tax exempt status and "free" shipping, a similar model several hundred miles away and $1,000 for shipping was still quite a bit cheaper.

Sorry Branson...

Yooper Dave

/ NOT IMPRESSED!!! #2  
Dave:

Dang.....you are at it again. I don't want to be redundant but, go buy a Kubota. Besides, Branson, isn't that a town in Missouri where they have clubs and dinner shows and such??

I know, next you are going to look at Mahindra's. I hear they have a clause in their warranty that has free local towing by camel. Do you know how to operate a camel?? (I ain't talking about the filtered ones either!!) /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ NOT IMPRESSED!!! #3  
Sorry to hear that you had such a bad intro.
The hood is just a small adj. My century did that but the dealer adj it before he delivered it and I haven't had any trouble since. If the dealer has only sold One tractor in six months it sounds to me that I wouldn't want to buy from him either as he woun't be around long.
The smokey eng I don't have a clue but the dealer might not have preped it right. or it might not have been run since being shipped over the pond.The Century-branson engines have been bullet proof as far as I have heard.
I think that the branson has a different seat than the Century so I can't say about the fit but you should have been able to put the seat back and tilted the stearing back so it would have fit, but then it sounds like that dealer didn't know enough to show you.
leaddog

/ NOT IMPRESSED!!! #4  
Leaddog:

Dave is a confirmed shopper. His wallet never shrinks. I think he is waiting for my 5030.....if I give it to him, free.

/ NOT IMPRESSED!!!
Hi Daryl,

I DID go to the Kubota dealer first! For the Kubota line, I liked the L5030 the best. The dealer is still trying to figure some things out, so I do not have a price back from him yet.

I still liked the New Holland TC 55 EVEN BETTER - see my post over at the New Holland Forum. I will try to write up something for the other dealers I went to today.

I will not be looking at the Mahindra lineup - I think the Long Agribusiness tractors are better than Branson or Mahindra (IMHO).

Yooper Dave

/ NOT IMPRESSED!!! #6  
Yooper, the tractor you looked at was actually set up for night time use. The mosquito repellant is actually an option that you can order ...for those of us that have out of control light bars and like to work at night in the summertime. I'm surprised the dealer didn't tell you that.

Sounds like you need to shop at the big and tall shop. There's no way the gearshift even comes close to interfering with my leg. In fact, I think the platform is quite roomy. Maybe you need to step up to utility sized tractor. Ever think of playing basketball?

I visited my dealer at lunchtime yesterday. As I was coming down the street I met a guy pulling a trailer with a 4720/fel loaded on it. My dealer has done quite well this spring. I didn't order the insect fogger option on mine, so it runs fairly clean.

Good luck in your search.

sassafraspete

/ NOT IMPRESSED!!! #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The engine seconds as a insect fogger when fired up with a impressive cloud of smoke to kill anything with wings near by. )</font>

Any diesel will do that if the glow plugs don't cycle through.
At work our skid steers, rollers, trucks Ect. have no glow plugs and puff out a cloud of smoke when started ever since new, but they run fine when warmed up and run for thousands of hours with no problem.
Just my 2 cents