Not a good time to buy a car

/ Not a good time to buy a car #131  
I'm seeing some good used car pricing finally. Must be people who don't have cash, don't want to pay the interest.
Friend of mine makes his living running cars through the auctions. He said there are more sellers than buyers lately.

/ Not a good time to buy a car
Did @NoTrespassing ever purchase a car? I keep seeing reports that the new auto market has burst, but I don't hang around dealer lots much.
If you have time, a few years ago there was a way to order a vehicle in advance to your own personal specs, at a few bucks above dealer invoice. Perhaps through the credit union to be delivered to your local dealership.
Yes, we ended up paying about 10k too much for a Ford Edge ST. We we really love it but it's hard to shake the feeling of over paying. We'll probably drive it for many years and it will hurt less each year. 😆

/ Not a good time to buy a car #133  
Friend of mine makes his living running cars through the auctions. He said there are more sellers than buyers lately.
With interest rates what they are today, are you surprised? In my current search for a relatively late model used SUV I've found that while being able to pay cash may not help much with negotiations it does make for a smaller overall dent in the bank account.
It is considerably more of a buyer's market now than it was a year ago when this thread was started.
If you have time, a few years ago there was a way to order a vehicle in advance to your own personal specs, at a few bucks above dealer invoice. Perhaps through the credit union to be delivered to your local dealership.
This was discussed here not too long ago. The consensus was that you still couldn't cherry pick options...you had to choose between pre-determined packages. The one advantage was that you had fewer dealings with the dealerships. I believe that some high-demand items (Maverick comes to mind) ordering online was the only way to get one. I'd imagine that's changed somewhat now, though many manufacturers seem to still offer online ordering.

/ Not a good time to buy a car #134  
Yes, we ended up paying about 10k too much for a Ford Edge ST. We we really love it but it's hard to shake the feeling of over paying. We'll probably drive it for many years and it will hurt less each year. 😆

Great choice, but I feel you on the pain in the wallet.

Have fun, she's an AWD twin turbo, right?

/ Not a good time to buy a car #135  
This was discussed here not too long ago. The consensus was that you still couldn't cherry pick options...you had to choose between pre-determined packages. The one advantage was that you had fewer dealings with the dealerships. I believe that some high-demand items (Maverick comes to mind) ordering online was the only way to get one. I'd imagine that's changed somewhat now, though many manufacturers seem to still offer online ordering.
Perhaps things have changed. When my father ordered the custom spec pickup, there may have been things like choosing a towing package. But a lot of other things were selecting each item. For example, Dad decided he didn't need a cigarette lighter (just before 12V accessories became very popular). I think he also opted for an AM radio right at the time the manufacturers were transitioning from the standard rectangular box radios to custom OEM radios. And, I think one missed several foofoo Dealer markups. Wax job? I think the "custom" order was a GMC.

/ Not a good time to buy a car
Great choice, but I feel you on the pain in the wallet.

Have fun, she's an AWD twin turbo, right?
Yea, it's pretty quick and fun to drive for an SUV. We just put $1600 worth of 21" Michelin Crossclimate2 tires on it.