not a bad dibble

/ not a bad dibble #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
this is pretty silly but when my wife and I went to plant seeds at our remote garden, we realized we had left the
dibble home. So I hunted around the tractor shed and in my collection of hitch pins I found a pretty good
substitute. Needs soft or wet ground of course since it's not sharp, but otherwise the rounded head is very comfortable in the
hand.

I'm sure there are lots of other examples of things used as seeding tools.

Attachments

• P1020026.jpg
    P1020026.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 163
   / not a bad dibble #2  
this is pretty silly but when my wife and I went to plant seeds at our remote garden, we realized we had left the
dibble home. So I hunted around the tractor shed and in my collection of hitch pins I found a pretty good
substitute. Needs soft or wet ground of course since it's not sharp, but otherwise the rounded head is very comfortable in the
hand.

I'm sure there are lots of other examples of things used as seeding tools.

That was pretty quick thinking on your feet???? Not a farm boy here.....so what is a dibble??? Me, I have always used my index finger for planting seeds:0)

/ not a bad dibble #3  
I am a farm......well it's been a long time since I was a boy but, yeah what is a "dibble"? In KY it would be a "peg" maybe, like in pegging out tobacco plants.

/ not a bad dibble #5  
Naw, in KY just downriver from Louisville and the falls, where Doe Run enters the Ohio River.............it's a peg.

/ not a bad dibble #7  
A WHAT??

/ not a bad dibble
A plantin' stick! :D

for all those seeds that say one inch deep, a peg or planting stick or dibble/dibber is just the thing. Of course a nice
sturdy stick would do too...

The ones we had were T handled and made of oak and steel. It will get lost before it ever wears out.
Talk about a simple tool. Obviously not for high acreage farming...:D

Attachments

• prod001281_lg.jpg
    prod001281_lg.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 184