North TX Mahindra dealership

/ North TX Mahindra dealership #1  

froggy

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD4320 with TNT, electric diverter, cruise control and air suspension seat.
The local Mahindra dealership in Cooke County was sold and never reopened this past winter. It was a sideline to an ATV dealership that changed hands. They had only carried the Mahindra line for about a year.

/ North TX Mahindra dealership #2  
Looks like Top Flight in Cut-n-shoot (Conroe) is dropping Mahindra as well. I am not sure if this is a fact. All I know is they don't have any Mahindras on the lot anymore. Only Masseys now. I noticed that their website focuses more on Massey now. They used to really focus on Mahindra.

/ North TX Mahindra dealership #3  
Ken,

I called Top Flight; according to them they are not dropping Mahindra. I think that they just can't keep them on the lot---seriously.

Regards,

Michael A
Cypress, Texas

/ North TX Mahindra dealership #4  
Well that is good news. Those guys are pretty good folks I hear. Weird that they can't keep'em on the lot. They are so close to the HQ. So much for the old saying "You can't sell a watermelon off of an empty cart". Coincidence that their website is more Massey than in the past ... I guess.

/ North TX Mahindra dealership #5  
I have no real insite to Top-Flight, just what I here hear (or is that hear here?). I do hope they keep the Mahindra line. When I bought my tractor in February, they were installing a MF sign. It was a new product for them I believe. I think it was Ken that told me (it was someone on this forum) that Topflight sells there Mahindras 'at cost'. They make money by paying for the tractor in 'cash' when they pick it up and getting a cash discount. That model will work when you are 20 miles from the assembly plant. They are not that close to the MF plant (actually I don't know were MF is assembled). They will have to keep a selection of them in stock.

/ North TX Mahindra dealership #6  
THere is also Knox Tractor in Houston, North Side, off of Airline. I got a used 6000 2wd there around Christmas. No high pressure for sure. But we made the deal happen. The mechanic is very knowledgable and has helped me out on multiple occasions with "HOW DO I" type questions.

Charliechan

/ North TX Mahindra dealership #7  
froggy, I just reread all the replyes and noticed noone has answered your question. Try www.mahindrausa.com. There is a dealer locator on their site.

/ North TX Mahindra dealership
The message was posted as a "FYI" and nothing more. It was competing against Case, Deere, Kubota and Massey just here in town. Within 30 miles there are two New Holland dealers, another Case/Massey, one Kioti and two Kubota dealers. Thought it was a shame, because it was just a "side business" to the ATV part and don't think it ever stood a chance of success.