Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?)

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #61  
Driving it down the 1000' driveway to get the mail or run out the garbage. Sort of mechanical overkill.
You mean like this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240130_060227_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240130_060227_Gallery.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
   / Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #63  
About twenty five years ago - before I bought a trash pump - I used my 3-point snow blower to move water.

Some years a pond will develop near my inner gate. Back the tractor and snow blower out into the pond. Let her rip........

It effectively blew water out of this pond - over the rise - into the adjoining lake.

Not near as efficiently as my new 3" trash pump - but it definitely moved the water.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #64  
I want to see if anyone used their tractor as a vehicle after losing their driver’s license.

I hear this is not uncommon in some parts of this once great nation.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #65  
I want to see if anyone used their tractor as a vehicle after losing their driver’s license.

I do know a dude that used his Poulan Riding mower after a DUI....

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #66  

50+ years ago we had a neighbor who used his tractor as his everyday vehicle, rain or shine. For medical reasons he could not get a driver's license. Round trip to the store in town was over 20 miles.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #67  
I was on a deer hunt on a big private ranch in Wyoming awhile ago and the kids would drive the tractor to school. The older kid was in Junior High and his little brother was a few grades lower then him. They had a parking area at the school full of tractors that I thought was really cool. I never saw them on the road, but I wondered what the law was there, and if the local police had any special rules for those kids?

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #68  

I do remember in grade school that a few times, we'd see the same tractor stuck in the ditch in the morning... It was something old and 2wd and the old guy would get drunk and crash it sometime during the night... He's lucky he didn't roll it onto himself.
There is the odd riding mower zipping around town, but usually they are V twins with straight pipes, no cutting deck and geared up quite a bit! You need all your wits to drive them though, not drunk friendly at all!

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #69  
Loader bucket used for getting the 100g transfer tank and a 55g drum out of the pickup after filling.

/ Non Traditional Projects (What have you done with your tractor?) #70  

A boy in middle & HS drove his dad’s MF 135 to school whenever he got banned from riding the school bus for fighting. He had a bad case of little dog syndrome. 😁