No start

/ No start #1  

tbear9668

Tractor
2016 Mahinda 2538 no cab
So yesterday, I started my 2538 open station Mahindra, let it run for a few min. Then I wired my new rops light. works like it should. I also replaced the old battery terminals with new clamp style that have extra places for my Rops light. Then went to restart the tractor, all I got was click, click, click. I cleaned all the wire ends for good connections. If it was a car I would think that the bendix isn't engaging, but I had just had it running 20 min prior so can't accept that is the problem. Your thoughts please, I may have missed something.

/ No start #2  
One of your new battery cables might be bad. Switch them back to the old ones, and try again.

/ No start
I did not switch cables, just switched out the terminals, and all lights work, as well dash lights

Last edited:
   / No start #4  
check the cable at the starter, if that does not do it, I would gently tap on the starter solenoid with a piece of wood, maybe its stuck...

/ No start #5  
If it cranked normally before terminals were changed I would lean towards something related to new terminals. Dash lights require very little amperage compared to what the starter requires. Do your new terminals bolt on with clamps or are they crimp on style? Might have enough connection for 5-10 amps but not enough for starter?

/ No start
If it cranked normally before terminals were changed I would lean towards something related to new terminals. Dash lights require very little amperage compared to what the starter requires. Do your new terminals bolt on with clamps or are they crimp on style? Might have enough connection for 5-10 amps but not enough for starter?
The new terminals are tighter than the old ones, they are lever clamp style

/ No start
check the cable at the starter, if that does not do it, I would gently tap on the starter solenoid with a piece of wood, maybe its stuck...
I will try that thanks

/ No start
Finally figured it out. The wire from the battery to the starter was barely long enough to reach and when I changed the terminals on the battery there are 4 heavy wires, and that one slipped down behind the battery. I thought I had them all but was lacking that one, so click, click, click was what I got. It was not easy with the wire being just long enough to get everything right, but with patience and some blue air around me on occasion it's fixed. Thanks to all who made recommendations, hey made me look closer.

/ No start #9  
Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for sharing the fix!