No Power to Ignition Switch

/ No Power to Ignition Switch #1  

Jimmy500

Tractor
Mahindra 2015HST
On my 2005, Mahindra 2015HST:
I just replaced the battery. When I turned on the ignition switch, I can hear the fuel pump and glow plugs going like normal. All seamed normal, then turned the key and nothing happened. Just a little pop sound and it would not crank. NOW; when I turn the key, nothing happens at all. No dash lights, no fuel pump, no glow plugs, etc. Battery is good. All fuses are good. Using a test light, I am getting 12v to the 60amp wiring harness line fuse and to the 50amp solenoid switch circuit line fuse. Both of those fuses tested good. Just not getting power at the ignition switch itself. Safety switches are not the issue. Just no power at the switch. Any ideas, Please

/ No Power to Ignition Switch #2  
Hi Jimmy, check and clean the battery and chassis ground. Just went through the same thing on one of my tractors. New battery, new ignition, checked starter and all relays and it turned out to be the battery chassis ground needed a good cleaning.

/ No Power to Ignition Switch #3  
The ground strap on these are notoriously problematic. You can try taking it off, cleaning it and putting dielectric grease on the connections. Make sure you scrape off any paint and connect to bare metal. The hot wire to the starter solenoid is also sometimes an issue. I replaced the ground cable and cleaned up the others and solved the issue Good Luck. 👍

/ No Power to Ignition Switch #4  
Any fusible links or a relay in the start circuit? The Pop sounds like a fuse, relay or fusible link. Don't neglect the ground, that could cause enough resistance to over-amp a circuit.

/ No Power to Ignition Switch #5  
Any fusible links or a relay in the start circuit? The Pop sounds like a fuse, relay or fusible link. Don't neglect the ground, that could cause enough resistance to over-amp a circuit.
Good point. I can’t remember offhand, but worth checking