No loader Hydraulics

/ No loader Hydraulics #11  
If your 5050 is like the one I had, the loader ran off the pto. Not directly but a pump bolted to an acess cover just above the 540 shaft. Make sure the big arm on the left side is engaged but also there is a little lever mounted on the top of the transmission case below the seat. Many a times getting on and off that cramped little tractor my boot hit the second lever and that would shut the pto off also.

/ No loader Hydraulics
Thanks for the info about your 5050. I did disengage the small lever under the seat recently, guess I was thinking that there was no need to have the pto engaged. I'm a little confused about the big arm on the left side that you are talking about though? I know there is a lever for balancing I think, though I'm not sure what that one even does?

/ No loader Hydraulics
Its funny, I just read your post again, and I agree it isn't an easy tractor to get in and out of. I'm a pretty good sized guy, and I have to be careful with my feet getting into it every time. Overall my AC 5050 is a pretty solid tractor for what I need, I just bought it last year, but plan on getting a brush hog, and rake to keep up with my land out back. Not sure if you ran a brush hog on yours though, and what size you might think would be best to run on the 5050? The seat on my tractor is pretty banged up as well, so I need to take that off and repair or replace it.

/ No loader Hydraulics #14  
Perhaps you could try to find an owners manual for that tractor.. it's not a good idea to own a tractor and not now what the controls all do.

soundguy

/ No loader Hydraulics
I have the manual for the tractor, I'll take a look at the lever that MFRED was referencing in the manual, rather than asking about it's use in the forum. I've only had the tractor for six months or so, its my first tractor, and I am still familiarizing myself with all of the various controls that it has.

/ No loader Hydraulics #16  
Manuals Shmanuals. We are men. Who needs instructions?

That said you should own a PT. The manual is all of one page long. One of our gripes but it gives us great enjoyment creating our own.

No guarantee your manual is accurate. Take it all with a grain of salt.

Carl

/ No loader Hydraulics
Carl, now I'm feeling very vulnerable asking this, but what is a PT?

/ No loader Hydraulics #18  
Power Trac. The coolest tractor you will ever hate.

power-trac.com

Basically they are an articulated "tractor". More along the lines of a bobcat than a real CUT. Not a lot of ground oomph ( you would not do any real plowing with this tractor) but amazingly flexible at FEL, Mowing, and all the other tasks. They are also slope friendly (mine is rated at 45 degrees sideways).

Upside is they are flexible, powerful, and easy to work on. Downside is that fit and finish are marginal at the factory, they are simple (no bells and whistles) and with no dealers other than the factory, you are often left to your own devices for repairs.

/ No loader Hydraulics #19  
Left side of the dash, about 1 ft long lever. I had a lever hooked by the steering base. Pulled it down from up by the dash to rest on top of the transmission. Near the other pto handle. Sorry that might confuse you even more. Don't really know how to describe it.
I ran a heavy duty 6ft cutter on it. Handled it pretty good with the loader on for front weight. If there was alot of heavy stuff it would bog down but I just slowed down a bit. The tractor was too low for my usual smashmouth attack of bushes.
Not that it wasn't a good tractor, because I put many good hard hours on it, but man I was glad to see that thing go. Before it left it was down to 1 job of stacking round bales in the shed. Always had to plan it out to get the most seat time at once so I wouldn't have to slither off of it. It just made me more angry. Probably the olny reason it's not here anymore.

/ No loader Hydraulics #20  
bfoote said:
I have the manual for the tractor, I'll take a look at the lever that MFRED was referencing in the manual, rather than asking about it's use in the forum. I've only had the tractor for six months or so, its my first tractor, and I am still familiarizing myself with all of the various controls that it has.

I didn't say to not ask what the lever was.. i said to check out the manual.. they are usually loaded with good bits of operating and safety info, plus care and feeding for the machine. not all manuals are created equal.. some are real helpfull.. some are all legaleze and fluff.. or bad chinglish translations... your milage may vary.

soundguy