No idea how, but a fuel line fell off my 1735M

/ No idea how, but a fuel line fell off my 1735M #1  

TheLandofSnipers

Bronze Member
Tractor
Massey 1735M / Ford 2N
By dumb luck I was walking by my tractor and noticed something hanging underneath it. Go look and it's a hose. Not damaged. Clamp was still on the end of the hose. Trying to find any real documentation on this tractor is a serious pain in the butt. I had to trace the fuel lines all over the place, and on this tractor, the fuel lines about make a circle around the motor. Ended up just pulling access panels until I fount the open nipple on the fuel tank. Rerouted the line where it belonged and dumped 5gal of fuel in it. Checked for leaks and buttoned everything back up. Got lucky and it fired right up.
I had to run the part number on the water separator to figure out what it was since it's mentioned nowhere in my basically useless manual.

/ No idea how, but a fuel line fell off my 1735M #2  
Just a guess but either the line got snagged on something you drove over or the hose and/or clamp was not properly installed during production and it finally worked itself off.

/ No idea how, but a fuel line fell off my 1735M #3  
Thanks for the video link, that connection is pretty low underneath.

Is it the main fuel supply line to the separator or is it a return line?

Did you notice a puddle of fuel under your tractor at all?

/ No idea how, but a fuel line fell off my 1735M #4  
I had that happen on one of my open station tractors. I was bush hogging and I started to smell diesel. I kept going, but I kept smelling it and realized that it wasn't normal to be able to smell it, even though I had just topped off the tank an hour earlier. I got off the tractor and saw that a hose had been torn off of the engine. It was a return hose that I was able to put back on and keep on mowing. It's odd how easy it is for the the stuff that you are mowing can get a hold of a hose and pull it off.

/ No idea how, but a fuel line fell off my 1735M
Thanks for the video link, that connection is pretty low underneath.

Is it the main fuel supply line to the separator or is it a return line?

Did you notice a puddle of fuel under your tractor at all?
I think it's a sort of scavenge line. It's at the lowest part of the tank, I think it's there to suck up the water at the bottom of the tank. There are no diagrams that I was able to find.
It drained the entire tank. :-(

/ No idea how, but a fuel line fell off my 1735M
I had that happen on one of my open station tractors. I was bush hogging and I started to smell diesel. I kept going, but I kept smelling it and realized that it wasn't normal to be able to smell it, even though I had just topped off the tank an hour earlier. I got off the tractor and saw that a hose had been torn off of the engine. It was a return hose that I was able to put back on and keep on mowing. It's odd how easy it is for the the stuff that you are mowing can get a hold of a hose and pull it off.
Yeah, that must be what happened. I do a lot of work in my forest.