Loader No Hydraulics suddenly

/ No Hydraulics suddenly #1  

Dr Dirt

Tractor
New Holland td 24
I have a TC24d that was running fine during a wicked freeze and suddenly after starting today no hydraulics at all. There is traction but no steering or any other hydraulics. Is there a possibility of a broken pump shaft?

/ No Hydraulics suddenly #2  
The shaft broke in a pump on a Case tractor I had a few years ago but the steering and hydraulic pump were separate pumps back to back.

/ No Hydraulics suddenly
Thanks Billrog! I am afraid it could be a broken shaft or a gear. There was a slight noise that did not concern me at all because we just got out of a deep freeze -13f and then a balmy 20 degree snow storm. I used the FEL during the deep freeze with no issues. Today no hydraulics at all! There seems to no info on line, of course this happened shortly after my local dealer went home for the weekend!! Dan:)

/ No Hydraulics suddenly #4  
It's been a while but I think you can check at the flow diverter by taking out one plug. I'm not at all familiar with your machine but you may be able to find a diagram on line for it.

/ No Hydraulics suddenly #5  
Just an off the wall thought...if the lever on a remote SCV is locked in a detent position it "could" over-ride other circuits depending on how things are plumbed and assuming you might have some remote SCV's...

Good Luck...

/ No Hydraulics suddenly
Thanks Billrog! I spent quite a bit of time googling in vain trying to get any info out there regarding this. Very little info out there. Usually anything I need to find is out there ,,, not this time! Guess I have to wait for Monday. I am suspecting that either a bearing failed or a small shaft cracked causing whatever drives the engine mounted pump to lose it's contact with the crankshaft or timing shaft. Tomorrow [ Sunday ] I am just going to shovel out a hole in the snow and remove the pump to see what failed. BTW there are no oil stains on the ground. I cannot hear the pump whining. Dan

/ No Hydraulics suddenly
Thanks /pine! I cannot hear the pump whine at all, I suspect that whatever the mechanical connection from the pump to the engine is not there anymore! There is no oil on the ground. I was surprised that there was next to nothing on line regarding this. Looks like I am just going to have to wait two days until the dealers open up Monday!! Thanks for the reply! Dan

/ No Hydraulics suddenly #8  
Thanks /pine! I cannot hear the pump whine at all, I suspect that whatever the mechanical connection from the pump to the engine is not there anymore! There is no oil on the ground. I was surprised that there was next to nothing on line regarding this. Looks like I am just going to have to wait two days until the dealers open up Monday!! Thanks for the reply! Dan
I am totally ignorant when it comes to HST tractors...
I only mentioned it because I have lost my 3PH lift when accidentally (unknowingly) bumped a lever into a detent...
I know you mentioned it was working OK in a previous freeze... ("When you hear hooves...think horses not zebras") it is possible there is some water in your hydraulic system that settled into a place where ice could be blocking something...just another off the wall thought...
Best of luck getting it resolved

/ No Hydraulics suddenly
Good advice! I think at daybreak I will put a torpedo heater on the pump! Getting water into oil is easy around these parts, hot summers and very cold winters. BTW the HST on this machine runs off a separate pump,I think, because I have traction just no accessory hydraulics including 100% hydraulic steering! There seems to be no mechanical connection from the steering shaft and front axle. Dan

/ No Hydraulics suddenly #10  
Your HST pump is in the transmission Dan.I looked up your pump and it looks the same as the one i had to replace. This is the shaft that broke in mine with 4,000 hrs. on it.
Little hydralic fix 006.jpg