No forward or reverse

/ No forward or reverse #1  

modlite52

Tractor
new holland TC40A
Hi all, newbie here. I have a new holland TC40a hydrostatic drive 4x4. was using it today suddenly stopped moving forward or reverse. bucket still operates as it should, pto still works, just won't move!! Help please !! has 1092 hrs on it Just found out that it's a tc40DA

Last edited:
   / No forward or reverse #3  
I am definitely not the guy to answer that question, but as mentioned above...check all the settings, move them in and out, and double check the fluid level of the hydraulic oil!
David from jax

/ No forward or reverse #4  
Had same with my Deere. Then realized I bumped the handle which selects A B or C. It was in N.

/ No forward or reverse #5  
Welcome to TBN.....

Not familiar with your tractor but a similar thing happened to me on an HST tractor I had. While getting on the tractor I accidentally bumped the range selector into neutral and it wouldn't move.
Happens to me all the time, my shorts always grab the lever. Happens to me when I hop off, and probably happens at least 50% of the time.

/ No forward or reverse #6  
Add me to the list of people who accidently knock it into neutral, or between ranges.
Check the simplest things first, and let us know what you find.

/ No forward or reverse #7  
Gear shift in neutral most likely. Next thing I would check is the linkage. Unlikely, but it could have lost a bolt or pin and became disconnected.

Doug in SW IA

/ No forward or reverse
found a broken shaft