No Farmers... No Food...

/ No Farmers... No Food... #2  
What if here are no bugs left. Have you noticed driving around in the summer your windshields are MUCH cleaner. Growing up I would have to wash my windshield often, big gross yellow bug splatters. That happens much less now. The bugs are disappearing, which might be even more disturbing than the farmers disappearing.

/ No Farmers... No Food... #3  
Thanks for posting this, I am looking forward to watching it. The Epoch times is good, trustworthy news source.

/ No Farmers... No Food... #4  
What if here are no bugs left. Have you noticed driving around in the summer your windshields are MUCH cleaner. Growing up I would have to wash my windshield often, big gross yellow bug splatters. That happens much less now. The bugs are disappearing, which might be even more disturbing than the farmers disappearing.
The bugs they want us to eat would be farmed, not wild caught. One of the MAIN reasons the wild bugs have disapeared is from all the "cides" people use that are completely unnecessary and obviously destroying ecosystems.

/ No Farmers... No Food... #5  
This post and my response are kind of ironic. We do not have a lot of agriculture here in our part of the Tennessee Valley, too hilly. To see much agriculture you need to drive west about an hour. Yesterday I drove over there to pick up my tree puller and I saw LOTS of agriculture happening. Corn and bean harvest was in full swing. It kind of warmed my heart a little bit to see what me looked like thriving agriculture, although I am sure it is in decline here as well. Also, when I got home I had the dirtiest buggiest windshield I have had in a LONG time. Just an observation from my travels yesterday.

Last edited:
   / No Farmers... No Food... #6  
The bugs they want us to eat would be farmed, not wild caught. One of the MAIN reasons the wild bugs have disapeared is from all the "cides" people use that are completely unnecessary and obviously destroying ecosystems.
The earth affords us MANY ecosystem services that are ALL in peril. Humans just don't get it. What about clean water and air, healthy aquifers, biodiversity, pollinators? WE ARE SCREWED!

/ No Farmers... No Food... #7  
“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” - Winston Churchill

Jamestown nearly failed, in large part due to the fact that they chose to focus on growing tobacco (a cash crop) rather than food crops. Some of the colonists resorted to cannibalism to survive.

It may not be a direct analogy, but the failure to produce food as a priority has led to failures in the past and could do so again.

/ No Farmers... No Food... #8  
No. I drive a Jeep, catches every bug in the world it seems

/ No Farmers... No Food...

Sri Lanka’s organic farming disaster, explained​

1695738181605.png

/ No Farmers... No Food... #10  
I think it would be good to have a bit less industrial agriculture, and investigate how to make sure farming practices are sustainable for the long term, but doing stuff like Sri Lanka and doing full bans of importing fertilizer and pesticides isn't too smart....

Moderation is the key, you can't just let the huge multinational Ag companies do whatever they want as they are primarily focused on short and medium term share holder profits... And you can't let unknowledgeable, unexperienced, organic or die, folks set Ag policy either.
Probably you should randomly select people out of 3+ generation progressive family sized farms and let them propose Ag policies, and see what they come up with? No politicians and no big Ag company lobbyists.