"no alcohol", but contains ethanol????

/ "no alcohol", but contains ethanol???? #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Was reading a bottle of crc diesel cleaner, fuel dryer, big letters on bottle front says ' no alcohol', flip it over, 2nd I 3rd ingredient was ethanol.

Last edited by a moderator:
   / "no alcohol", but contains ethanol???? #3  
Was reading a bottle of crc diesel cleaner, fuel dryer, big letters on bottle front says ' no alcohol', flip it over, 2nd I 3rd ingredient was ethanol.

Not only alcohol, but "drinking alcohol" to boot! :shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:
   / "no alcohol", but contains ethanol???? #4  
? They were thinking you could not read.

/ "no alcohol", but contains ethanol????
i'm amazed that isn't illegal to make the statement 'contains no alcohol' and then list ethanol as the 2nd ingredient!!

My 'guess' is that they are saying that there is no isopropanol... or common rubbing alcohol.. however.. the bottle is incorrectly marked!

/ "no alcohol", but contains ethanol???? #6  

Consumer Reports has a page in every issue devoted to this kind of misinformation (usually in the inside back cover). Many of them are just as bewildering as your example.

/ "no alcohol", but contains ethanol????
I really feel like contacting the company and asking them about that...if i do, I'll post the response.

I'll have to go back to the store and find a bottl eof it and take pics before i write them though..

/ "no alcohol", but contains ethanol???? #8  
It says no alcohol on the bottle so the drunks don't drink it. They can't be bothered to read the fine print.

/ "no alcohol", but contains ethanol???? #9  
I bought a bottle of mosquito repellant saying 100% DEET but on the ingredients it said 85% DEET. Maybe it was pure DEET in an alcohol or other base that took 15% but it sure was misleading.

/ "no alcohol", but contains ethanol???? #10  
I bought a bottle of mosquito repellant saying 100% DEET but on the ingredients it said 85% DEET. Maybe it was pure DEET in an alcohol or other base that took 15% but it sure was misleading.

Maybe they meant of the amount of actual DEET in the product (whatever percentage that is) it was "pure" DEET and not chinese yak fat or something. :D Well, as good an explanation as the stupid label.