Nibbana Wheel Barrow

/ Nibbana Wheel Barrow #1  

NibbanaFarm

Silver Member
Tractor
BCS 739, Cub Cadet 2544
I tried to copy some of the designs I saw in the forum here. Worked out very well and does carry a heavy load. The latch mechanism uses a stainless steel exhaust spring off my, now deceased, 1996 Geo Metro. I tried to balance the load about 60% behind the dump pivot to keep the weight on the tractor but still make it easy enough to dump.

Attachments

• IMG_1641.JPG
    IMG_1641.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1642.JPG
    IMG_1642.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
  • IMG_1643.JPG
    IMG_1643.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_1644.JPG
    IMG_1644.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 163
   / Nibbana Wheel Barrow #2  
Very good job. I think you will find it very useful. I like the box, looks very sturdy. What gauge metal did you use? Also like the rail around the outside, looks handy to tie stuff down and to help lift. My old contractor wheel barrow tub is just about past its useful life, will probably have to rebuild it this year.

/ Nibbana Wheel Barrow #3  
Hopefully you won’t have to be picking up and removing those rocks from where you dumped them

/ Nibbana Wheel Barrow
Very good job. I think you will find it very useful. I like the box, looks very sturdy. What gauge metal did you use? Also like the rail around the outside, looks handy to tie stuff down and to help lift. My old contractor wheel barrow tub is just about past its useful life, will probably have to rebuild it this year.
I think that is 10 gauge steel cmyoug2. About 0.135 plus a thick coat of tractor supply tractor and implement oil based enamel. It's very heavy steel. I'm sure it will outlast me.
It doesn't take many big heavy rocks for this to really pay off. I could never have even attempted to move that load in a hand wheel barrow. I think I tried to copy yours among others. Yes, needed a locking latch and a handle for easy dumping.