NH TL100 electric shuttle problem

/ NH TL100 electric shuttle problem #1  

bluefiat

Tractor
NH TL 100, Fiat 780dt, Fordson Super Major
Hello!
I bought my 2nd hand TL100 last year (2001, 3200hrs).

Have anyone else had problem like this: sometimes when moving slowly forwards (or backwards) and using the clutch pedal
often my TL100 suddenly stops and turtle/rabbit lights start blinking. Then, after several clutch pedal pressing, the tractor starts moving again and might work well even 1 hour or more...

Help me please!

/ NH TL100 electric shuttle problem #2  
G'day and :welcome: it could be the clutch switch or potentiometer playing up I will have to wait till i get to work tomorrow to tell you how to test

Jon

/ NH TL100 electric shuttle problem
The clutch potentiometer failure sounds realistic... What if I try to put some contact spray in it? Or does that do even more harm?

j-j

Last edited:
   / NH TL100 electric shuttle problem #4  
G'day sorry for the late reply my bad this one slipped my mind :duh:. I for some reason only have the second shop manual for the TL's and it does not cover this, I cannot se that a spray of contact cleaner will do any harm but IIRC they are fairly well sealed. Good luck with it and let us know how you get on.

Jon

That´s right, they are well sealed...

By the way, I wonder what is the right clutch pedal position when the clutch switch should be activated?
In my TL, I have to lift the pedal quite a lot before the switch activates. I can hear "click" and that is the moment when the tractor starts slowly moving (or sometimes in this case: turtle/rabbit light starts blinking).

However, the potentiometer is rolling all the way from bottom...

Well, the problem is now solved, I hope.
I had the clutch calibrated and fail codes checked today. The clutch switch has activated much too late from the pedal bottom-position.
The right position should be 5 to 15% from bottom (my TL it was over 20%). But now it is ok, so the tractor runs fine, so far...

Thanks to Mr Jon for helping me to start really going for it.

Last edited: