NH TC35D Where is my coolant going?

/ NH TC35D Where is my coolant going? #1  

felixedo

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland TC35D / Deere 1026R / Bobcat CT2040
First of all, greetings to all from way back. I used to frequent this site a lot more when I was using the old Ford 601. Since I got my New Holland TC35D a few years ago, I spend more time working my tractor, instead of working on my tractor.
I have been losing engine coolant. The only visible sign of a possible leak is the block outlet on the right side. It is never wet, but there is a small amount of white residue build up just above the dip stick tube. That tells me there may have been a tiny amount escaping there at one time, but I don稚 see a sign of it now. Do you know of other potential places to look for lost coolant?
(Please do not say æ¾±lown head gasket? My wallet says that is not acceptable ) Are there known issues with this machine, leaks, weak spots?

FYI- No signs of coolant in oil or oil in coolant. No visible moisture in exhaust.

/ NH TC35D Where is my coolant going? #2  
Beg, borrow, or steal a coolant system pressure tester. It will tell you if there is a leak and let you look on a cool still engine instead of one that is vibrating and cooking it off.

/ NH TC35D Where is my coolant going? #3  
Your wallet has nothing to do with the condition or conditions of your motor. Just get it out and use plastic.............:D

/ NH TC35D Where is my coolant going?
Actually, now I think the leak is at the exit side of the block, where the residue build-up is. I think it's never wet because the coolant is evaporating off the hot block as soon as it comes out. And it's coming out at a very slow rate.
Thanks for the advice.